• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Yeh I could have ordered a 3080 Ti but I think given my usage it still makes sense to try and wait for a 3080. I really want to pay under £1K.
This is exactly the same boat i'm in, every time the 3080ti pops up I think.... hmmm should I?

But the 3080 is the "value for money" sweetspot. I use the term value for money lightly.

I still grudge over £1,000 for a card that isn't even the flagship. Even in these changed days, it just seems excessive. And with refreshes of the existing line up in sight, I think I might end up waiting.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Is there anything that backs that up?

If it is EOL then so is my PC gaming for the foreseeable future I guess.

for the 3080 id say the lack of founders edition drops in the uk, 40+ days now and the rumours they have stopped producing them, as well as the 3080 (super/update) being rumoured. also for the 3090 you have the TI due, but who knows.

Associate
3080 ti seems to be in stock still

Should be snapping it up then ;) tbh in todays climate its not actually a bad deal ... aib 3080ti cards are selling for £1700 and 3080TI FE for £1400+ on ebay yet these FE cards just sit here for hours at £1050 . strange time we are in:cry:

Associate
I think from the benchmarks I've seen that only equates to a small handful of extra FPS if I'm not mistaken. I think there are benefits with the extra memory but again I don't think the 3080's memory is fully utilised as far as I have seen?
gaming wise nothing justifies the extra price, is a blatant rip off but considering they sell like hot cakes i dont see the situation changing any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom