Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Hi,

I am buying a new 4K TV at the end of the month (mainly for gaming) and there are two size options of 65" or 75" (both are 3840 x 2160 resolution, 120Hz). My room is oblong shaped and the closest viewing distance from screen to my face is about 2.4m, with the furthest at 4.5m. The 2.4m distance is where i will be sitting for gaming. It will be on a TV bench, which is about 0.4m high.

I currently have a 55" 1080p LED. The series X will come later when I can get hold of one!

I am leaning towards the 75", but was wondering what size TV's you are using with your Series X and what have they been like?

Is 75" too big for my 2.4m viewing distance?

Is 75" too big for gaming, meaning does the picture degrade because of the TV size?

Thanks

Man of Honour
I’m about 1.5-2m away from my 55” TV. If I could fit a 65” I’d probably go for it, but no bigger. I already find myself moving my head around enough to see things on screen.

Associate
I’m about 1.5-2m away from my 55” TV. If I could fit a 65” I’d probably go for it, but no bigger. I already find myself moving my head around enough to see things on screen.

Yes, moving my head around on a big screen is also in the back of my mind. I went into Curry's and moved the sofa in their room set up to match my viewing distance, the 65" seemed fine, they had a 77" and it was massive! Looked really good though

Associate
so I've finally made it into the land of Next Gen! or Next Gen x 0.75 by picking up a second hand series S. Just to clarify, i can plug in any external HDD , it doesn't have to be an SSD , it will just mean a bit slower load times? I'm just thinking of budget at the moment. I'm only looking at playing the odd game pass game on it, mainly flight sim and Forza

Caporegime
so I've finally made it into the land of Next Gen! or Next Gen x 0.75 by picking up a second hand series S. Just to clarify, i can plug in any external HDD , it doesn't have to be an SSD , it will just mean a bit slower load times? I'm just thinking of budget at the moment. I'm only looking at playing the odd game pass game on it, mainly flight sim and Forza

You can store and Xbox 1 games on the external USB-3.0 HDD and run it off that. Series X games need to be internal. You can move them across as you play if you like if you are size constraint. A 4TB HDD drive can be had for quite reasonable price and will store a lot of games.

Soldato
Sure. It's basically MS trying to get people to use their systems.

1. Sign into MS Rewards with your MS account on MS Edge https://rewards.microsoft.com/
2. Install the MS Rewards Extension
3. Click the Extension and complete all the rewards, polls, quizzes etc.

You get 90 points for using Bing searches. Personally I just search for 'Actors' until I get 90.
You get 12 points for using Edge. I only use Edge for doing Rewards personally.
You get 60 points for searching on a mobile. Again I just search for Actors or something. You can right click on your browser and choose 'Inspect' to fool it into thinking its on a mobile

There are weekly and monthly rewards on the Xbox itself which are usually very easy to do too.

I did this every day for a week before I realised the value of the points earnt from it is a pittance. :)

Microsoft have turned edge into nagware now though, every two times I launch, it asks me to start using rewards, I can only click "not now" there is no "never" option.

Soldato
I did this every day for a week before I realised the value of the points earnt from it is a pittance. :)

Microsoft have turned edge into nagware now though, every two times I launch, it asks me to start using rewards, I can only click "not now" there is no "never" option.
It's not much sure. Once you get decent at it though it takes 2 two 3 minutes a day which basically pays for all of my gaming. For that investment I'm happy to spend the time.

Caporegime

I amassed £130 in a year from rewards and xbox gamepass rewards, hardly pittance.

Associate
Anyone ever have this sound issue I'm having? sometimes when playing a game I'll start getting some beeping coming through the speakers. It starts quietly at first but get louder and louder and more frequent until it's a continuous beep requiring a reboot to sort it. It's only happened a few times, but twice in a couple of days so I'm starting to worry and as it's 1 year anniversary is approaching I'm thinking I may have to contact MS and quick!.

Soldato
At 3 minutes a day that’s £7.12 per hour. That’s far too low to be worthwhile.

It's not far off minimum wage though and if it's just something you do whilst sat on the toilet each day etc then i'd say it's not too bad. I'm not sure i could be bothered, but i probably save less from spending ages searching for discount codes before purchases so i'm a bad one to talk :p

Man of Honour
Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

A fair statement, but time is also money.

If I can earn that £130 in less time than the 18.25 hours required to earn the equivalent in points then I’d be a moron to not choose the option that gives me 16 hours more time (or 16 hours of pay if you prefer).

That to me is looking after not only the pennies, but also the finite resource of time.

Back
Top Bottom