***The Official Guitar Thread***

Soldato
You could also try the Classifieds Board on Fretboard.co.uk. Its a nice forum and a more discerning customer base. However you might get lucky on eBay and make more money. Reverb is ok but I find everything on there overpriced at the moment. You ad specifies £999 shipping which may be a deterrent!

A head went for c£240 last year https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/183751/

Yeah the shipping is just a placeholder since I'm not saying local pick up only exactly, when I filled out the ad it allowed me to basically write that I'm happy to ship provided the buyer pays for it + accepts and risk of it being shipped, but now that you mention it that doesn't appear on the ad at all... I'll see if I can change it cheers

thefretboard is a good idea, £240 seems kind of low... the £800 I put on Reverb was kind of a stab in the dark I figured after a little time I can use their "Sale" feature to mark it down a bit, but probably not quite to that degree

Soldato
there is also the option of selling to stores that will pay for 2nd hand Richtone, Gak, etc. you probably won't get as much, but it might get it off your hands quicker if time is of the essence.

Soldato
Caporegime
The Fretboard forum
eBay
Reverb
Facebook market place.

i have bought stuff on all of those places, but for an amp I would insist on pick up only, it will limit your audience but it will remove the headache of postage and delivery.

Price on Fretboard is generally the price you would get from eBay/reverb after fees, so like 10% less. Doesn’t really matter to you and would be more attractive to the buyer.

Don’t use last year’s prices as a benchmark, everything has gone up in price since the pandemic so check latest reverb/eBay sold listings for going rate.

Soldato
I signed up to Fretboard but am unable to post, it says I need to confirm my account via email... I try to resend but nothing comes through...

In the end decide to go to their start here / new members post...

"Welcome to the forum thanks for signing up!"

"Don't use a Microsoft / hotmail account for sign up as the activation emails don't work!"

Oh cheers, so glad to have that information once I already signed up, really useful. There's no way to post or send messages in an unactivated account, and no way to change the email on the account. So I guess that's that then. Would have thought in this day and age people could run a forum properly

Soldato
My boy got an Ibanez fan fret 5 string bass this week.

I've tried it out and fan frets aren't as annoying as I expected. It feels pretty natural and the only issue I had was finding frets around 12th fret on the B and E.

It's a big ole stretch from fret 1-3 on the low B...

Associate
Help required.
I was given an Aria Pro II TA-40 in Cherry Red. Serial number 904129. The guitar seems in good nick but then my expertise ran out :D
Based on some internet searching for Aria serial numbers i think it was made in Korea / 1990. If anyone knows any different that would be a great help.
They first appeared in the Aria 1989 catalogue. I see that Aria guitars were first made in Japan, then South Korea.

Man of Honour
Help required.
I was given an Aria Pro II TA-40 in Cherry Red. Serial number 904129. The guitar seems in good nick but then my expertise ran out :D
Based on some internet searching for Aria serial numbers i think it was made in Korea / 1990. If anyone knows any different that would be a great help.
They first appeared in the Aria 1989 catalogue. I see that Aria guitars were first made in Japan, then South Korea.

Aria are cheap guitars so don't expect much however my Brother in Law had a lifetime trying to search for a guitar that played like his original 80s Aria that cost £20 out of a second hand shop.

Associate
What do you want help with though? Are you wanting to sell it and are trying to value it? Or something else?

Sorry being a bit vague. I have recently taken up learning the guitar (acoustic). Now i have this second guitar i wanted to establish some provenance and value it. Perhaps make it my primary guitar if it isnt a lemon.

Back
Top Bottom