Can Police Cars Give A Speeding Ticket?

Associate
Hi all, I was driving the other day, I was doing (not proud to say) 30 in a 20, on the other side of the road stuck in traffic was a police car. As I drove past it and looked in rear mirror, it suddenly turned it blue lights on, but it didn't turn in the road to follow me, I didn't see them again. Will a police car stuck in traffic send me a speeding ticket in the post?

Soldato
Hi all, I was driving the other day, I was doing (not proud to say) 30 in a 20, on the other side of the road stuck in traffic was a police car. As I drove past it and looked in rear mirror, it suddenly turned it blue lights on, but it didn't turn in the road to follow me, I didn't see them again. Will a police car stuck in traffic send me a speeding ticket in the post?

Yes, these days they prosecute based on assumptions.

Soldato
30 in a 20? Jesus Christ, that's like 50% over the actual limit. Don't they just automatically come around and load your motor on the low loader and take it away for crushing rather than issuing a ticket?

Soldato
30 in a 20? Jesus Christ, that's like 50% over the actual limit. Don't they just automatically come around and load your motor on the low loader and take it away for crushing rather than issuing a ticket?

For someone capable of doing 30 in a 20 they won't take the risk of trying to just arrest him in the street. He can expect to be woken at 6am when armed police kick his door in for a dawn raid. Top Tip: Stay down once you have been tasered - don't give them an excuse to use actual bullets.

Back
Top Bottom