What annoys you about your current car?

Associate
19 plate Kia Stonic has a beep for ******* everything and more, does my ruddy head in.

Also nowhere near as good quality as my old C'eed but I've been priced out of a C'eed now.

Associate
F40 BMW M135i. Driver's seat creaking noise when cornering (booked in later this month to have that looked at). Occasional trim rattles from the rear of the cabin. Overly aggressive stop/start that seems to be the norm in most of the recent cars I've driven. Gearbox occasionally gets confused when slowing to a roundabout and then accelerating, causing it to 'jerk' a bit. The tyres that came with the car (Bridgestones) are utterly terrible but I'm too tight to change them until they're completely worn.

Associate
2021 Seat Ateca, currently in Seat for the 3rd time due to SOS system failure, when it fails it takes out gps, dab, microphone, android auto/car play. Super annoying.

2021 Citroen C5 Aircross Hire Car, everything feels lhd orientated. annoying :D

Soldato
F40 BMW M135i. Driver's seat creaking noise when cornering (booked in later this month to have that looked at). Occasional trim rattles from the rear of the cabin. Overly aggressive stop/start that seems to be the norm in most of the recent cars I've driven. Gearbox occasionally gets confused when slowing to a roundabout and then accelerating, causing it to 'jerk' a bit. The tyres that came with the car (Bridgestones) are utterly terrible but I'm too tight to change them until they're completely worn.

Gearbox definitely shouldn't do that, get them to look at that whilst they've got it?

EDIT: sorry, was thinking it was an f20 not an f40, always throws me that the new shape 1 series didn't get the G designation!

Last edited:
Soldato
11 yr old Focus Titanium has horrendous road noise - I put it down to 18" rims and XL rubber band tyres.

However I have now solved it - My new hearing aids class road noise as background noise so they have lowered it for me.

Soldato
Not really the cars fault but I had the exact same engine in my current car as the last car, problem is the newer car is an estate and a higher spec where as the previous car was a hatch and pretty basic so the performance difference is hugely noticeable and I'm also bored to tears of the engine and really fancy a change. pretty much done with manuals too I will be getting an auto next time.

Also the Infotainment and satnav is absolute pants and for some reason in the winter the condensation is really bad when it gets icey but I think this is because of the short journeys

Other than that it's a brilliant car and with car prices as they are there is no point changing it yet so temptation to mod it keeps bugging me

Man of Honour
BMW M340i - the driving mode buttons are really hard to operate without looking down. In fact the controls in general are less intuitive than the F10 530d I had previously.

Perhaps one for the BMW thread but I'd be interested on your thoughts of the move between the two cars and how they compare. I've really started to like the G20 of late.

Soldato
BMW M340i - the driving mode buttons are really hard to operate without looking down. In fact the controls in general are less intuitive than the F10 530d I had previously.

I agree with this, even changing between nav and media etc is far harder because of the new "smooth" controls instead of the nice raised ones in the F series cars.

Associate
F10 530d - start stop is a bit too intrusive but I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks. Other than that nothing else, yet.

DC5 Integra - rattles. As I’m getting older it’s a bit too ‘on top’ for me. Big wing and all that haha

Associate
S40 T5.

- Drinks the fuel around town (Great on motorways though)
- The whole 'floating console' design that Volvo did on that gen is naff - Too many buttons
- P1 platform car, so full of crap Ford parts - Almost everything that's ever gone wrong on it is stamped FordMoCo

Soldato
2015 fiesta- blower settings 1 and 2 are silent and barely move any air, 3 is a hurricane and 4 is a slightly louder hurricane. Something in the middle would be nice!

2003 E46 - many, many things but in the spirit of the thread the most annoying thing is the door being a bit too keen to swing shut by itself and often stabbing me with the corner of the window in the process.

Soldato
Given that my car is 18 years old it's nice that it has some voice control functionality, however for some reason when I ask it to call my wife it often misunderstands & calls the mother in law instead!

It never gets anyone else wrong!

That definitely makes me take my eyes off the road to go for that cancel button.

Soldato
Ford start-stop. You should be able to disable it permanently but no, every time you get in the car same routine. Get's on my t**t's.
You should be able to code it out, did the same with my F30 BMW.

Only putting the original factory ones back on cured the noise, fortunately I was replacing them because they'd been on a while rather than because they'd begun to fail. But they wont last for ever and then the problem will return...
The Valeo Silencio work great on my F30, no stupid adapters and they're silent. Not sure if they do anything for yours though?

Soldato
F31 335i

Nothing really annoys me, maybe the manual handbrake.

I just find myself looking at cars all the time online because a) I'm bored and b) you can only have one at a time :(

Man of Honour
Main thing is the bluetooth is odd. Connects to the phone and wants both audio and call connections. But, will not play music over bluetooth, it's just used for the phone integration. Got a newer module from ebay to replace it, but have yet to tear apart the glove box area to fit it (as well as the hardwire kit for the dashcam).

Soldato
The poor turning circle due to the extreme rack limiter (I30N performance). It's like a bloody oil tanker!!! You don't notice once on the go. But parking can be an absolute pain, unless you can get a decent sized parking spot to pull into.

PS. FAR worse than my previous car, a Ford Focus st3 (mk3 2018) on the same 19in wheel / tyre combo.

I even had to excavate the banking outside my front gate (very rural property), to get the necessary turning circle to swing into my gate from one direction!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom