Anyone non-panic buying?

Soldato
I have my goose and xmas pud so i'm happy in case everything else falls apart. I'll have to wait for Dec for the mince pies because they best before date is before new years at the moment

Soldato
OP
I have my goose and xmas pud so i'm happy in case everything else falls apart. I'll have to wait for Dec for the mince pies because they best before date is before new years at the moment

So you're buying Christmas dinner in mid October. Is this something that you normally do 2 months in advance, or have you bought the stuff in advance due to predicted shortages? I appreciate that pre covid/brexit there were shortages of certain foods around Christmas anyway, but I just want to get an understanding of whether you're just following your usual routine or not.

Soldato
So you're buying Christmas dinner in mid October. Is this something that you normally do 2 months in advance, or have you bought the stuff in advance due to predicted shortages? I appreciate that pre covid/brexit there were shortages of certain foods around Christmas anyway, but I just want to get an understanding of whether you're just following your usual routine or not.

He's doing it wrong anyway, making your own pudding and mince pies is the proper way.

Soldato

I slowly stocked up on loo roll and water from late Jan before the first lockdown because i saw what was coming. Thank god i did because my wife was very sick at the time and we needed constant supplies and when it went all **** up later we were sitting pretty while everyone else panicked. Doing the same now because whatever happens, there's going to be shortages for xmas day.

Soldato
Just bung some mince pies in the cupboard and a turkey in the freezer now if you're the slightest bit paranoid or terrifed there'll be a run on the pigs in blankets

Jesus I think somewhere after 24 hours I'd have gone and bought a generator

They'd have all sold out by then by panic buyers... better stock up on generators now!

I think 'cook' would have been the term used.

"Cook" if you were middle class and "chef" if you were nobility one largely self taught and the other trained and typically french

Last edited:
Caporegime
I slowly stocked up on loo roll and water from late Jan before the first lockdown because i saw what was coming. Thank god i did because my wife was very sick at the time and we needed constant supplies and when it went all **** up later we were sitting pretty while everyone else panicked. Doing the same now because whatever happens, there's going to be shortages for xmas day.

I don't recall a shortage of tap water.

Soldato
My friend’s husband works at Argos inside a Sainsbury’s store. He said many people are panic buying toys. One line of toys with serious stock issues are Paw Patrol.

Wish people would understand that Christmas isn’t just giving loads of presents to kids or to get skint over.

Back
Top Bottom