• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I don't think it's a simple case of most PC gamers moving to consoles. Part (however small) of the fun of using PC's is upgrading, tweaking and optimising hardware/software. That said, it's getting a bit too expensive for that but I can't see pc hardware dying out because I doubt Nvidia and co care where the money flows from.

Money for the Money God!

:p

Btw, how is the 3080 ti with mining?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Nobody is moving to console who has a working gaming pc.

The people on here saying that they are gaming on a 780ti who now all of a sudden after 10 years have decided it's time to upgrade seems to be a case of FOMO. Why didn't they upgrade before?

People could have easily bought a 20 series GPU and those are still great for gaming today. I know I got a great deal on a brand new 2070 super on black Friday a couple of years ago.

The only ones who are truly stuffed is those that haven't ever had a gaming pc before and are new to the market. They genuinely would consider a console instead.

But if I have a gaming pc I'm not going to buy a console under any means. If your GPU has died then that's the risk of running a GPU outwith warranty. You can get a 3060ti for £500. Same price as a console so not exactly a deal breaker in that you refuse to buy a GPU and get a console that costs the exact same.

I'm lucky enough to have a working gaming PC and consoles, yet I'd say my gaming time is split 80/20 in favour of consoles. There are only a few games that are keeping me interested in the PC side. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have a gaming capable PC. I no longer enjoy upgrading, tinkering, troubleshooting PC's because all that eats up valuable time.

If the current trend of ridiculous prices continues I'll just give up on PC gaming altogether and just have to hope that the few games that currently keep me on PC, eventually end up on consoles. (Thankfully some are, like Stellaris now on consoles, so hopefully games like HOI, EU etc end up on there too, and maybe one day the Total War series)

Caporegime
I'm lucky enough to have a working gaming PC and consoles, yet I'd say my gaming time is split 80/20 in favour of consoles. There are only a few games that are keeping me interested in the PC side. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have a gaming capable PC. I no longer enjoy upgrading, tinkering, troubleshooting PC's because all that eats up valuable time.

If the current trend of ridiculous prices continues I'll just give up on PC gaming altogether and just have to hope that the few games that currently keep me on PC, eventually end up on consoles. (Thankfully some are, like Stellaris now on consoles, so hopefully games like HOI, EU etc end up on there too, and maybe one day the Total War series)

Steam had 5 million more users for the month of August this year than the year before and the year before was record breaking in terms of numbers thanks to Covid. On average this is true for 2021 Vs 2020. 5 million on average more users per month.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Steam had 5 million more users for the month of August this year than the year before and the year before was record breaking in terms of numbers thanks to Covid. On average this is true for 2021 Vs 2020. 5 million on average more users per month.

I don't care what steam says though, because that is not my personal experience.

Soldato

Absolutely echo this as per my post earlier. I’m pretty sure this is frankly the reality for most people given the prices and availability now.

I would love to know the percentage of PC gamers that actually enjoy building and tinkering with machines themselves. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy it and have the funds but I can see this for what it is.

Associate
Any recommendations for a water block for a 3080Ti FE, I have seen one or two blocks for 3080Ti that say not for founders, so not sure where I should be looking.

Soldato
So I guess the £650 3080s are gone forever? no way will a super be anywhere near that price.

Feel very special to have managed to get one.
Nah, if Super Ampere cards exist, they will probably sell Founders Editions for a similar / the same price, but they won't be much faster / different.

Didn't the RTX 2000 series Super cards just replace the non Super versions, at the same price?

Soldato
Nah, if Super Ampere cards exist, they will probably sell Founders Editions for a similar / the same price, but they won't be much faster / different.

Didn't the RTX 2000 series Super cards just replace the non Super versions?

LOL - Nv want a much larger slice of the pie ; the Super cards will be a lot more expensive because of *reasons* and money printing

Associate
LOL - Nv want a much larger slice of the pie ; the Super cards will be a lot more expensive because of *reasons* and money printing

Anything goes when you have 3090s easily selling for over two grand, people are willing to pay premium prices, Nvidia will be more than happy to provide.

Soldato

Didn't the RTX 2000 series Super cards just replace the non Super versions, at the same price?
They were more expensive once retailers added their price gouging on top of an already expensive card.

Associate
3090's can print money right now and the more you buy, the more money you can print.
up to a point, then it becomes too expensive to pay electricity versus profit from crypto.

I fear a massive dump onto second hand market come Feb/March and anyone who's overpaid now for a card will be a little rueful.

Associate
up to a point, then it becomes too expensive to pay electricity versus profit from crypto.

I fear a massive dump onto second hand market come Feb/March and anyone who's overpaid now for a card will be a little rueful.

Agreed - Although NVIDIA and AMD might just drop production and take the hit to maintain the high prices and weather the dump - Eventually the dump will stop and demand just seems to be growing exponentially!

Back
Top Bottom