UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st October 2021]

Soldato
Good 3 points, were now 5 points clear of 2nd and 3rd with milan losing to Porto, win the next and we can take it very easy for the final 2 group games

Don
I think that's what you call a bit of a mad one. Other than the 10 minutes after the red card when he gave Atletico everything, you've got to admire the set of *******s this ref has to stand up to the pressure he was being put under. Absolutely every decision there was 5 Atletico players in his face, trying to pressure him but he stood up to it and made some very big calls. The red was clear, especially in Europe, as was our penalty. Their overturned penalty was so Atletico, all their player was trying to do was make contact with Jota and throw himself to the ground and I really didn't think the ref had the stones to overturn that so credit to him.

I'm not sure if I hate Atletico or love them. When you're playing against them they're the worst of the worst but you've got to admire they way they give 100% and do whatever it takes to get a result for their side. If we had 1% of the ****housness that they do, we'd be a much better side.

Don
We've scored 3 or more goals in each of our 7 away games this season, 8 if you include our last away game of last season. That's bonkers.

Don
Why do BT continue employ Peter Walton? All he ever does is agree with whatever the decision the ref has made, even making himself look stupid when VAR then changes the decision.

Caporegime
Hearing Walton talk about their first goal it's very clear we need former players refereeing games and not teachers, policemen or bin men. They have no understanding of football in the real world, only football described on text.

Edit: Well in Lescott :)

Don
Hearing Walton talk about their first goal it's very clear we need former players refereeing games and not teachers, policemen or bin men. They have no understanding of football in the real world, only football described on text.
All you're hearing is Walton try to explain why the ref was right, as he does every time he's asked for his opinion. He even acknowledges that Lemar is offside if he's deemed to have impacted Matip's attempt to play the ball, he's just trying to argue that it was too subjective. I'm not sure how anybody could argue that Lemar, stood right on top of Matip hasn't prevented him from playing the ball. 9 times out of 10 that will be given offside and Walton will be sat there saying it was the correct decision again.

Back
Top Bottom