Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
How soon after the order did you get the order cancellation notice? I'm wondering if I'll get one soon as well (ordered around half 8)

It was instant, as soon as it had done the Visa verification thing it came up with a page saying it had been cancelled, instead of the order confirmation page you'd normally expect. It didn't happen later or anything like that, so as long as you got the order confirmed hopefully all good

Looks like I have 2 payments pending on my card but hopefully one will drop off.

Associate
just ordered the normal 6 in black direct from google. Was tempted by the pro, but £600 sits better with me than £850.

Says delivered by 26th October for me.

Gonna ordered a spigen case from the rain forest i think.

Soldato
Right finally managed to order a black one (which is what I originally wanted) from Google.

Will see if CPW can cancel my Green pre order tomorrow.

Soldato
Ordered the seafoam, nearly added a case but no stock of the matching one. Might risk no case for the first time ever.

Still tempted to switch to a Pro..

Soldato
Hmm, wanted Pro but "regular" model is very tempting with the headphones and 0% from Google and far easier to justify!

EDIT: That or order both and keep one I like :p

Associate
Sigh...

I wanted pixel 6 with 256gb. Not sure i can justify the price of the pro.

It was stupid storage options that made me go samsung instead of the pixel 4.

I occasionally listen to headphones when away with work, so i have all my music with me in Flac format. On an sd card in the current samsung. Ive recently bought a usb DAC to use with the phone for the headphones. Using UAPP i cant set the library to a google drive or whatever, which might help, but usually im with poor or no wifi and data abroad is likely to cost again soon due to brexit people. Plus i dont really want to pay for a streaming service, when ive paid for the music already.

Can i use a usbc hub with a phone to connect usb storage and usb DAC at the same time? Brief testing so for doesnt seem promising. Am i really the only person for who this is a problem?

It all seems so stupid to get rid of sd cards and also have weird restrictions on storage space.

Soldato
Google is still primarily a software company so they removed SD card with the Pixel line as they just happen to offer a paid service to compensate for that shortcoming.

Just like headphone jacks happened to be removed with widespread introduction of wireless buds, it's far less a design and more of a business decision. Incidentally also seems to mostly happen to flagship and upper midrange phones with customer base that's perceived to have more disposable income to spend on things like cloud storage and new wireless accessories.

Somehow lot of budget phones still seem to pack "features" like SD slots and jacks but it is what it is in this industry so take what you can as a consumer and not looking to beat a dead horse with that discussion.

Tech Spurt mentions that review embargo lifts "next Monday", if he means 25th then that's before the headphone offer expires on 27th so might resist the urge to order until then to see if I want to splash the extra cash for Pro.

EDIT: He also mentions Google indeed are offering 5 years of software support on these now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom