• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Remastered - 6900xt beat by 3060 12GB :[

Associate
+1

I liked the first one and Crysis Warhead. Went down hill majorly in Crysis 2.[/QUOTE

Unpopular opinion but I always thought crysis 1 had Terrible pacing, you had stuff like those boats with "aim bot" sniping you from miles away making it impossible to take any advantage of the big map, the last third of the game was a proper drag as well, I always preferred crysis 2 even if it had a more limited scope, always felt a more focused game to me.

Soldato
My 3080 Ti cannot run the HD Textures without textures looking like Half Life 1. If you want to see it, look at the nail gun resolver weapon with the pressure gauge. Looks like a PS2 class texture with the pack and below average without it. It also depends on which area you of the game you are in as the issue only occurs once the allocated VRAM exceeds 10.8GB. Once it drops below that, the high res textures start streaming again. You can fix this by turning on FSR, which solves the blurry textures but for some reason the game becomes a stuttery mess for me with FSR enabled.

Unfortunately, the stock textures of the game look below average without the pack so its a similar scenario. Just bear the low class textures on NVIDIA, even though PS5,Xbox and AMD GPUs can use them

I thought it looked pretty good, I went and turned on ultra FSR and everything is so much sharper and clearer, was looking at a brick wall with some graffiti at the beginning, was a bit blurry at native 4k, I'm running 4k at 1440p by adjusting the slider to 1.5

I can't say I was seeing HL1 level texture though.

unknown.png (2560×1440) (discordapp.com)

Can you see the above image in link? That was without FSR.

FSR ON:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Unpopular opinion but I always thought crysis 1 had Terrible pacing, you had stuff like those boats with "aim bot" sniping you from miles away making it impossible to take any advantage of the big map, the last third of the game was a proper drag as well, I always preferred crysis 2 even if it had a more limited scope, always felt a more focused game to me.
2 was boring for me. I never revisit it. The story is crap too.

Soldato
Nope, an engine is not just graphics.

I know but just seems like they severely limited themselves and made a lot of headaches for themselves going with the engine they are currently using, Yes I know it can be upgraded partly over time but there is a limit, A lot of the problems we are seeing is because of their choice of engine.

And may it be in development for very much longer, its a game where the development never ends, it will eventually to to a state where they call it a released game but it will never actually end, that's the point of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZWT4aNY6lU&t=2160s

I revisit it every few months as I got a free ship with the purchase of an AMD card ages ago, Has a loooooooooooong way to go before it is anything other than a shiny demo.

V F

V F

Soldato

Crysis 2 was definitely more fun due to run and gun play. Try the first Far Cry on the hardest difficulty, they were aimbots. They'd shoot you through the tents with no direct vision.

Crysis 1 is only really open until you get to the mine level. It becomes a railroad experience after that similar to 2.

Yep. I liked all the start mainly. After the snow and alien stuff started it went downhill.

The fight at the mill was kind of fun, slightly as you were fighting 3 of them with the same suit technology but yeah once inside it became meh. After the floaty alien part. Though, Warhead was way cooler.

Caporegime
I know but just seems like they severely limited themselves and made a lot of headaches for themselves going with the engine they are currently using, Yes I know it can be upgraded partly over time but there is a limit, A lot of the problems we are seeing is because of their choice of engine.

I revisit it every few months as I got a free ship with the purchase of an AMD card ages ago, Has a loooooooooooong way to go before it is anything other than a shiny demo.

The AMD Mustang Omega? that ship is worth a bit of money on the Grey Market :)

In any case you're not the only one with those and other criticisms and its perfectly valid to have then, of course others disagree :) I mean i do remember when all you had was the hanger module, its evolved about a million miles from that now, there are other space games which call themselves fully released games that have little if any more gameplay content at this point, what constitutes a game?

I think people get confused because of the funding model, its a game you buy in to at its given point to fund its continuing development, its early access to gather the funds to make it, that started when there was literally nothing, that's about where i came in, once you've done that you just experience it evolving, milestone updates every 3 moths and smaller patches in between.

My advice is buy in when you feel you're getting your monies worth for what it is at that time, assume there is no more and what is will be a bonus to you, and spend no more than the $45 starter pack, its all you need, everything else you want including better ships you earn in game.

Soldato
Really wish Crytek included the lighting update like they did for Crysis 1+2, 3 while good looking seems more like a feature update that could've been a patch for the original.
Agreed. Playing through it now, it's like on the one hand I have a glimpse of a brilliant graphical achievement, but then on the other the lighting or lack thereof is so sharp it sorta ruins it for me. Even SVOGI wouldn't be quite enough, as it wasn't in 2 tbh, what they needed for 3 was a proper RTGI system ala Metro Exodus, but afaik even the newest CryEngine iteration hasn't sorted that out yet. Understandable why they didn't damn near remake it as that's what would've been required, but still disappointing.

Soldato

In any case you're not the only one with those and other criticisms and its perfectly valid to have then, of course others disagree :) I mean i do remember when all you had was the hanger module, its evolved about a million miles from that now, there are other space games which call themselves fully released games that have little if any more gameplay content at this point, what constitutes a game?

I think people get confused because of the funding model, its a game you buy in to at its given point to fund its continuing development, its early access to gather the funds to make it, that started when there was literally nothing, that's about where i came in, once you've done that you just experience it evolving, milestone updates every 3 moths and smaller patches in between.

My advice is buy in when you feel you're getting your monies worth for what it is at that time, assume there is no more and what is will be a bonus to you, and spend no more than the $45 starter pack, its all you need, everything else you want including better ships you earn in game.

That's the one, Although I recently lost access to my account, Tried to login to the website to download the launcher as I did a fresh Windows install and my account is apparently "no longer active please check your email for an activation link" but no link is ever sent, Contacted CS but I have an inkling they'll come up with an excuse as to why I can't access it anymore.

Associate
I thought it looked pretty good, I went and turned on ultra FSR and everything is so much sharper and clearer, was looking at a brick wall with some graffiti at the beginning, was a bit blurry at native 4k, I'm running 4k at 1440p by adjusting the slider to 1.5

I can't say I was seeing HL1 level texture though.

Can you see the above image in link? That was without FSR.

FSR ON:

Enabling FSR reduces VRAM consumption so the problem with the blurry textures is solved when you turn it on. Unfortunately, the game stutters every time I switch between weapons in this mode as shown in the below video. There is also increased stuttering across the map with FSR. Turning FSR off fixes this.

If FSR is disabled, check the blurry texture in the video at the end on the nail gun gauge. Also look at these

0849d8c8-36d6-4f34-a392-7e6111c3cb9a.jpg

0959bc72-e51a-4149-9168-be2ddaedd5e3.jpg

Untitled.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sold mine for around £80 as I recall which paid for my copy of SC which was £55 back in the day was called bounty hunter pack or something with all the insurance stuff. I have not installed that game in many years. Every time I look, there just is not enough progress for me to bother. When they announced the game we were on a PS3 and Chris was saying the consoles were too slow to run the game. At the rate those guys are going to be on PlayStation 6 by the time the game is out and I guarantee you the game will not be a PC exclusive as even current gen consoles can run it. What a joke.

Soldato
Sold mine for around £80 as I recall which paid for my copy of SC which was £55 back in the day was called bounty hunter pack or something with all the insurance stuff. I have not installed that game in many years. Every time I look, there just is not enough progress for me to bother. When they announced the game we were on a PS3 and Chris was saying the consoles were too slow to run the game. At the rate those guys are going to be on PlayStation 6 by the time the game is out and I guarantee you the game will not be a PC exclusive as even current gen consoles can run it. What a joke.

I'd love to just fly the ship on my account but apparently because I've only logged in once per year this was grounds to deactivate my account.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd love to just fly the ship on my account but apparently because I've only logged in once per year this was grounds to deactivate my account.
I don’t get it, was this a paid account or just the one made with that code? I mean regardless, that makes no sense. They can’t just deactivate stuff. Can you imagine all the folks who purchased the game on kickstarter or slightly after like me who only wanted to play the finished game find out the account is deactivated :cry:

Caporegime

I don’t get it, was this a paid account or just the one made with that code? I mean regardless, that makes no sense. They can’t just deactivate stuff. Can you imagine all the folks who purchased the game on kickstarter or slightly after like me who only wanted to play the finished game find out the account is deactivated :cry:

Yeah that's about right, sold mine for £90, i regret that now as that ship is becoming a rare beast. https://starcitizen.tools/Mustang_Omega

If i remember this correctly that AMD ship reward never came with a game package, you need a game package to get access to Star Citizen, stand alone ships you just get a ship but without the game package all you get access to is the Arena Commander mini games, i don't think the AMD reward ship came with a package.

Star Citizen is probably never going to be on Console, its too deep in development to be converted and they are constantly running fidelity passes on it, it keeps getting more and more shiny and more demanding on the hardware.

There are rumours that the Campaign game (Squadron 42) might tho.

Also: a couple of years ago CIG hired an outside studio to make yet another Star Citizen lore mini game called Theaters of War, which looks like its made in Unreal Engine, that outside studio is Firesprite, they have just been bought by Sony, on their twitter account they said they are still making ToW and that they would say more soon.
Firesprite have also been tasked with revamping the old Arena Commander mini games, they are also ripe for Console.

Anyway. they have several Free Fly events through out the year, we just had one but there might be another before this year is out, keep your eye on the Star Citizen thread in the Games room for updates., honestly its a lot more game these days than people think, some of that criticism is old and very out of date, some people just hate Chris Roberts.
After FDev launched the long awaited Odyssey update for Elite Dangerous a lot of their lot snapped in disappointment of it and moved to Star Citizen, because of all the BS around SC they were amazed to find an actual game and a good one. you also find a lot of EVE Online players over here.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Star Citizen is probably never going to be on Console
Bet you a tenner it will at some point. Maybe a year or two after PC, but Chris likes his money and will not miss the opportunity, even if it is not easy to develop. I can see it being on the PS6 :p

I will probably install SC in about a year once I grab a RTX 4070/4080 FE :)

Soldato

Yeah I got it for free with an AMD GPU.

Yeah that's about right, sold mine for £90, i regret that now as that ship is becoming a rare beast. https://starcitizen.tools/Mustang_Omega

If i remember this correctly that AMD ship reward never came with a game package, you need a game package to get access to Star Citizen, stand alone ships you just get a ship but without the game package all you get access to is the Arena Commander mini games, i don't think the AMD reward ship came with a package.

Yeah just the mini game stuff but I logged in maybe once every 6 months or so to see how performance was doing, Just doing basic flying around stuff, I hope I can get it back, If I need a package I'll get one but I want my AMD ship back :D

Back
Top Bottom