I want a self setting clock for the kitchen

Soldato
Hello all, sorry to bother you with this extremely mundane question but I am at my wits end.

Is there a way of buying a self setting clock that will work? There seems to be all sorts on the market, I dont mind paying a bit more, I just want it to look good and work.

The last one I bought had good reviews but just set random times. So I have returned it.

Thanks

Associate
I use an 3rd gen Echo Dot with the time display. It shows the time (automagically updated using NTP), you can shout at it to set timers when cooking and it plays music.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Bresser one I bought from Amazon. It’s worked flawlessly. Proper clock face, sweep hand, temp and humidity dials. Perfect kitchen clock.

Don
Man asks for a clock gets recommended a smart speaker classic ocuk!

OP just buy a radio clock controlled clock you like the look of they all work well.

Well done for reading the OP. He said he bought a radio clock and it was so unreliable he returned it.

Smart clocks are stupidly cheap now, an Alexa with clock is £39 and if he waits til Black Friday it will be even cheaper.

Soldato
Well done for reading the OP. He said he bought a radio clock and it was so unreliable he returned it.

Smart clocks are stupidly cheap now, an Alexa with clock is £39 and if he waits til Black Friday it will be even cheaper.
He bought a defective one, they generally work perfectly and are also cheap and often much more attractive and energy efficient than using a smart speaker as a clock.

Associate
+1 for an Echo Show.

We used to have a barometer in the hall, to predict the weather - now I get a much more accurate forecast from Alexa. Technology has moved on, mariners seldom use sextants and the stars to navigate, you can still use then if you want, but modern GPS is often quicker and more accurate and lets you do things like auto-pilot with waypoints.
Technology comes with its rewards :)

Soldato
A smart device could also offer timers for food cooking which could be useful ? and not cost much more than a clock, although power consumption probably greater.

Fire tablet with IPS screen probably looks best - can you leave them on 24/7.

For recipe guidance, I have most of recipes in One note - copied off of the web at different times, so not sure whether a show would work.

Back
Top Bottom