Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Man of Honour
Wasn't going to buy one, had a look and fancied giving one a go so went with the 0% finance option, got a technical error has occurred message so now I'm back to not buying one :o
Probably for the best, my S21 ultra is fine I just got the magpie ooo shiny feeling.

Soldato
Wasn't going to buy one, had a look and fancied giving one a go so went with the 0% finance option, got a technical error has occurred message so now I'm back to not buying one :o
Probably for the best, my S21 ultra is fine I just got the magpie ooo shiny feeling.
I wouldn't buy one to replace an s21 ultra. That is a very recently and very capable headset..unless you genuinely dislike something about it

Associate
How is it weird/stupid. You're introducing something with a high failure rate.
I dont use a lot of SD cards these days, but are they particularly prone to failure? I dont care if they remove it, if they give a decent amount of storage options.

Google is still primarily a software company so they removed SD card with the Pixel line as they just happen to offer a paid service to compensate for that shortcoming.

Just like headphone jacks happened to be removed with widespread introduction of wireless buds, it's far less a design and more of a business decision. Incidentally also seems to mostly happen to flagship and upper midrange phones with customer base that's perceived to have more disposable income to spend on things like cloud storage and new wireless accessories.

Somehow lot of budget phones still seem to pack "features" like SD slots and jacks but it is what it is in this industry so take what you can as a consumer and not looking to beat a dead horse with that discussion.

I can live without a headphone jack. The USBC gives the option of a better DAC, which is a great option and an improvement over the standard jacks anyway. SD cards are useful if you cant buy the phone with enough storage. Which for me, is the case with the Pixel 6. I'm happy to do without it. I just dont see why they limited the 256GB to just one colour of the Pro. just give customers what they want, no?

Associate
I wouldn't buy one to replace an s21 ultra. That is a very recently and very capable headset..unless you genuinely dislike something about it

I've decided to replace my S21 Ultra with the Pixel 6 Pro 256gb, the S21 ultra is so very nearly the perfect headset. Most of the time photo quality is good however in certain light and with certain skin tones I find it not representative or grainy to the point it annoys me. One shot etc is a fantastic feature as is 10x optical zoom.

Had it since release day so had a good chance to test various options

The two stores also annoys me and other Samsung specific bits and OneUI (I have a seperate launcher), I have lready debloated etc as much as you can but want to see if Google really have raised their game. If they have, this could almost certainly be the best handset on the market as the S21 ultra is hard to beat and already at the top .

Had some decent Google store credit so I thought I would use it, flog the Bose headphones and it becomes even more cost effective.

Associate
Tempted by the pro; coming from the 2XL I've been really disappointed with the camera on my 4a, only thing that's putting me off is the size... I've been really happy with the smaller profile for daily use.

Associate
I've decided to replace my S21 Ultra with the Pixel 6 Pro 256gb, the S21 ultra is so very nearly the perfect headset. Most of the time photo quality is good however in certain light and with certain skin tones I find it not representative or grainy to the point it annoys me. One shot etc is a fantastic feature as is 10x optical zoom.

Had it since release day so had a good chance to test various options

The two stores also annoys me and other Samsung specific bits and OneUI (I have a seperate launcher), I have lready debloated etc as much as you can but want to see if Google really have raised their game. If they have, this could almost certainly be the best handset on the market as the S21 ultra is hard to beat and already at the top .

Had some decent Google store credit so I thought I would use it, flog the Bose headphones and it becomes even more cost effective.

Do you still have your Note 20 Ultra Snapdragon?

Back
Top Bottom