Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Judging just by appearance looks pretty decent. Not so sure about John Cho as Spike or the lady that plays Faye.

Soldato
Yeah clothes may look similar ish but the women is no way as hot as the anime chick as the actress looks meh, no big boobs, and no anime hair :D Bet the voice is meh too vs the anime.

Commissario
Yeah clothes may look similar ish but the women is no way as hot as the anime chick as the actress looks meh, no big boobs, and no anime hair :D Bet the voice is meh too vs the anime.
You've possibly missed the fuss about Faye's character wearing actual real clothes.;)

It was quite funny watching idiots getting their knickers in a twist because her clothing is based around real world requirements such as it doesn't fall apart/off whilst simply walking, let alone doing any action work, especially those that pointed at cosplay saying "see it can be done" without realising how careful many cosplayers have to be with their outfits, the compromises they make, and that it's common for them to carry repair kits just to walk through a con and do a few poses :)

I'm more hopeful of this being reasonable that most book/anime to live action adaptations as so far most of the changes seem to have been purely practical, the choice of actor of Spike seems to have been due to both his look and the fact he can apparently do a lot of the action work that will be needed, whilst being a decent actor.
At the same time it looks like it's got a far higher budget than most Live Action adaptations, and production staff who are fans of the original (rather than Uwe Boll types).

I'm looking forward to it*, and hoping it'll be good, but as always I'm going to try and treat it as a retelling of the story rather than expect it to lavishly and mindlessly copy it - the same way I look at how dubs are done, how the likes of different productions of Shakespeare plays are done, or even the likes of Fruits Basket/Battle Athletes/Hellsing/Fullmetal Alchemist original versions vs remakes.

*I've been a pretty big fan of it since I first watched a low quality fansub, since then I've ended up buying the anime something like 4 times.

Soldato
Looks like they are doing that 1st episode with the lost dog tho. I kinda thought that was a average episode tbh, as a opener for the series in the anime, as there was others that were better.

@Werewolf, nah didnt catch that about the clothes, never really would have noticed tbh if it was pointed out about it in the comparison above. I would have just watched as normal as i havent seen cb in a long long time.

I hope its good tho, be nice to watch something like that if its well made.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've possibly missed the fuss about Faye's character wearing actual real clothes.;)

It was quite funny watching idiots getting their knickers in a twist because her clothing is based around real world requirements such as it doesn't fall apart/off whilst simply walking, let alone doing any action work, especially those that pointed at cosplay saying "see it can be done" without realising how careful many cosplayers have to be with their outfits, the compromises they make, and that it's common for them to carry repair kits just to walk through a con and do a few poses :)

I'm more hopeful of this being reasonable that most book/anime to live action adaptations as so far most of the changes seem to have been purely practical, the choice of actor of Spike seems to have been due to both his look and the fact he can apparently do a lot of the action work that will be needed, whilst being a decent actor.
At the same time it looks like it's got a far higher budget than most Live Action adaptations, and production staff who are fans of the original (rather than Uwe Boll types).

I'm looking forward to it*, and hoping it'll be good, but as always I'm going to try and treat it as a retelling of the story rather than expect it to lavishly and mindlessly copy it - the same way I look at how dubs are done, how the likes of different productions of Shakespeare plays are done, or even the likes of Fruits Basket/Battle Athletes/Hellsing/Fullmetal Alchemist original versions vs remakes.

*I've been a pretty big fan of it since I first watched a low quality fansub, since then I've ended up buying the anime something like 4 times.

I like how the actress responded to the criticisms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLhFaWGlSI

Caporegime
OK, this show can **** right off. That teaser was so bad, I'll need a litre of bleach to remove it from my eyeballs. Everything about it was utterly atrocious. The line delivery alone merits execution at dawn.

What a waste of a brilliant anime.

Caporegime
I think this is going to be something people either love or hate ...

Consider me a hater.

V9TpZ5d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom