gpu suggestion

Associate
hi i need help with choosing a gpu i was thinking about the 3060Ti aorus elite v2 lhr, is there something better at that price range? thanks in advance

Soldato
Ok the card you quoted at OCUK is £700.

To go up a bracket (3070) you will need to spend another £200.

If you dont care about dlss or ray tracing then you can get a 6700xt for £700-£800 which is faster than the 3060ti in most games.

Just pick the model that apeals to you that you can actually buy. Do a search for reviews of the specific card if you want to learn more.
Also make sure you get a case big enough to get the card in as some can be very long.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok the card you quoted at OCUK is £700.

To go up a bracket (3070) you will need to spend another £200.

If you dont care about dlss or ray tracing then you can get a 6700xt for £700-£800 which is faster than the 3060ti in most games.

Just pick the model that appels to you tha tyou can actually buy. Do a search for reviews of the specific card if you want to learn more.
Also make sure you get a case big enough to get the card in as some can be very long.
thanks for everything i'll do my researches now.

Associate
thanks for everything i'll do my researches now.

I hate to say this, but even picking up a 3070tife from a scalper is cheaper than buying from a store at mo (so is another alternative, not saying you should do it, but if cheaper and if it gives you more performance, your money is gone either way). remember a couple months back, when the 6600xt was launched you could get them between £400 and £430...now 30% higher and the new 6600 cards are £450. From reading gibbo on the gpu thread, with cost of freight etc, no way they can even get close to msrp atm

just checking, you do know how to get an FE card? It's hard, literally you have a couple of mins once they come into stock before it's gone, but can be done
You need to be on Telegram on your phone, Look up and subscribe to FEPartAlert. drops happen any time during working hours mon-fri(though have seen a euro sat drop). Last uk drop was yesterday, and that was 1st in about 4 weeks..3060ti and 3070ti sold out in mins, but then they're £369 and £529 respectively. Worth setting up an account with distributer beforehand to set up payment etc, as if payment goes wrong, you've prob lost card

and other optionis the 6600xt still..sits between the 3060 and 3060ti in performance(excl. raytracing) but at £529 on OCuk is still way below the price of the 3060ti

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £539.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Associate
OP
I hate to say this, but even picking up a 3070tife from a scalper is cheaper than buying from a store at mo (so is another alternative, not saying you should do it, but if cheaper and if it gives you more performance, your money is gone either way). remember a couple months back, when the 6600xt was launched you could get them between £400 and £430...now 30% higher and the new 6600 cards are £450. From reading gibbo on the gpu thread, with cost of freight etc, no way they can even get close to msrp atm

just checking, you do know how to get an FE card? It's hard, literally you have a couple of mins once they come into stock before it's gone, but can be done
You need to be on Telegram on your phone, Look up and subscribe to FEPartAlert. drops happen any time during working hours mon-fri(though have seen a euro sat drop). Last uk drop was yesterday, and that was 1st in about 4 weeks..3060ti and 3070ti sold out in mins, but then they're £369 and £529 respectively. Worth setting up an account with distributer beforehand to set up payment etc, as if payment goes wrong, you've prob lost card

and other optionis the 6600xt still..sits between the 3060 and 3060ti in performance(excl. raytracing) but at £529 on OCuk is still way below the price of the 3060ti

thank you so much i didn't know some of these things, i'll see

Back
Top Bottom