**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Soldato
Why do you need to login to the forums in 3 different browsers on each device? That is not normal usage by any stretch of the imagination

He's just trying to prove a point to me that it's not annoying to have to whip out your phone every time you want to log into OCUK even if you have to do it several times in a 24hr period. Some people just don't have much to do with their lives i guess

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He's just trying to prove a point to me that it's not annoying to have to whip out your phone every time you want to log into OCUK even if you have to do it several times in a 24hr period. Some people just don't have much to do with their lives i guess
I'd post a video if I could be arsed to blur my personal details, but using a browser extension makes logging in with 2FA as simple as 2 clicks. I checked last night.
  1. One click on the extension at the top when you visit the site autofills your details
  2. Second click on the extension autofills the 2FA code
It might seem annoying if you rely on grabbing a phone every time, but there are ways to do it that don't require other devices.

Soldato
I'd post a video if I could be arsed to blur my personal details, but using a browser extension makes logging in with 2FA as simple as 2 clicks. I checked last night.
  1. One click on the extension at the top when you visit the site autofills your details
  2. Second click on the extension autofills the 2FA code
It might seem annoying if you rely on grabbing a phone every time, but there are ways to do it that don't require other devices.
I think some kind of video would be useful, yes.

Soldato
I think the jist of this is that it's not going to change, obviously some people are going to leave because of it and that's fine. Although replying to people "BUT IT'S SO EASY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" isn't going to change anyones mind, and it's clearly an area of friction for some, which is what you really don't want when it comes to running a website, app, or anything that requires a login.

Associate
Only just realised my e-mail associated with my OCUK login is ancient and hasnt been accessed in years.
Blueyonder e-mail for those of that you remember.

Best way to change e-mail without being able to access my old account?
- Mods?

Edit -

Commissario
Only just realised my e-mail associated with my OCUK login is ancient and hasnt been accessed in years.
Blueyonder e-mail for those of that you remember.

Best way to change e-mail without being able to access my old account?
- Mods?

Edit -
Thread in FCD.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think some kind of video would be useful, yes.
Ok, here we go... I've demonstrated this using Microsoft Edge with cleared cookies to simulate a fresh login. Obviously, I've had to obfuscate my personal details but you get the gist.

Step 1 - click in the field where you type your username/email and the extension will pop up any logins that it finds which are stored on the overclockers.co.uk domain.

One is for the shop, the other is the forums in this example.

Step 2 - Your login details are automagically entered and the "remember me" option is ticked. Most browsers will also automatically submit this after the details are loaded.

Step 3 - Click in the 2FA verification code field and you are presented with the option to fill in a code from any logins on that matching domain.

Step 4 - The code appears and you click "submit".

You are now logged in without any faff or the requirement to use a phone.

FYI I pay for 1Password but other password managers (Lastpass, Keypass, Bitwarden) are free and offer the same functionality, through a browser extension.

G J

G J

Associate
I've not had any cookie related login problems for a couple of days now so all good.

There's still the issue with using the MM and handing over personal information which people can leave stored in their email for months/years.

Soldato
I just thought I would try the shop and it asked me to log in - started that then got this page.

I filled in log in boxes but this pop up won't scrole up so I can click OK - That is if there is a ok button to press - Change screen res and it is still sitting there. - The page scroles up but not the notification box.

What next.

NTvu5pK.png

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I just thought I would try the shop and it asked me to log in - started that then got this page.

I filled in log in boxes but this pop up won't scrole up so I can click OK - That is if there is a ok button to press - Change screen res and it is still sitting there. - The page scroles up but not the notification box.

What next.
See the purple "report bug" on the bottom right of the store page? Use that, it's not a forum issue and isn't related to 2FA

:)

Back
Top Bottom