What would you do?

Soldato
OP
No, just bizarre. Did you test drive any other options in the 20k range? Might have helped prevent getting cold feet before getting yourself into a long finance deal.

Sorry, we're going a bit off topic here. We were talking about your 'mates' car weren't we.

Brother in law has one. Always liked the car. Opportunity came up which opened the door allowing me to buy one.

Guess i am the only person this has ever happened to! :rolleyes:

Associate
And thats impossible is it? :rolleyes:

Not at all no, nobody is doubting the possibility of it happening considering it has happened.

It's just in your recommendations thread you were looking at small used cars around the amount you received a pay-out for your written off car e.g., Fiesta, C1, etc.

I think we are just confused at the opportunity which presented itself to increase the budget four fold and change to an SUV crossover type car. Was the opportunity that one was for sale?

Soldato
OP
Not at all no, nobody is doubting the possibility of it happening considering it has happened.

It's just in your recommendations thread you were looking at small used cars around the amount you received a pay-out for your written off car e.g., Fiesta, C1, etc.

I think we are just confused at the opportunity which presented itself to increase the budget four fold and change to an SUV crossover type car. Was the opportunity that one was for sale?

Look, this thread has gone far off topic now. Typical OcUK members to go attacking another because of posts that go beyond their understanding.

The fact is that i upped my budget quite a bit as i decided to look at getting a car for a longer term. Not just for a couple of years. And, as i like Ford and the Puma i decided that was the car that would last me for the foreseeable. And why not?

Anyway, guess nobody can answer the original OP. All i wanted was a general view by others.

Associate
Asking questions does not equate attacking, it aides understanding, so maybe jump down off that high horse you're riding around on.

That's fair enough of course, it's your money to do with what you will.

Soldato
Anyway, guess nobody can answer the original OP. All i wanted was a general view by others.

No-one can really answer though because they aren't your friend or have their feelings. What one person might do can't be related to someone else. It's akin to saying "I've just won £20k on the lottery should i buy a new car". No-one can answer the question other than the person making the decision. It's not asking if X is better than Y where the answers can be backed up with evidence.

It purely depends on your friends preference of cars and whether they want to spend the extra. Maybe they need to spend some time to make their mind up, rather than making a rush decision based on some people online which they end up regretting as they seem to have mistakenly bought 2 cars now in the space of a week that they don't actually want!

Soldato
OP
No-one can really answer though because they aren't your friend or have their feelings. What one person might do can't be related to someone else. It's akin to saying "I've just won £20k on the lottery should i buy a new car". No-one can answer the question other than the person making the decision. It's not asking if X is better than Y where the answers can be backed up with evidence.

It purely depends on your friends preference of cars and whether they want to spend the extra. Maybe they need to spend some time to make their mind up, rather than making a rush decision based on some people online which they end up regretting as they seem to have mistakenly bought 2 cars now in the space of a week that they don't actually want!

I agree. Its just that i gave her my view and said i would ask on a forum i am a member of.

I told her if she not happy about the newer car to just walk away and take the hit. No point in going through with it just because she may lose £200...

Soldato
How does one "order" a used car? Do they build it and give it to someone else for a bit first?
:confused:

T&Cs copied from Cazoo to clear up your confusion:

2 Your Order
2.1 Your purchase details are specified in Your order confirmed on the Site ("Your Order") and will include the make, model, price, delivery or collection time and delivery or collection location for the car You are purchasing (the “Car").

2.2 Your Order will specify Your details as the recipient of the Car.

2.3 Neither You nor anyone in Your household may place more than one order in any 14-day period.

2.4 A contract is formed between You and us comprising Your Order and these terms and conditions ("Terms") when You complete an order on the Site and we accept Your Order (collectively, the “Contract") save in the event that You pay for Your Order using third-party finance introduced on the Site. If You enter into a third-party finance agreement to pay for Your Order, we will sell Your Car to the third-party finance provider – see section 5 below.

2.5 If we accept Your Order, we will send You an email confirmation of Your Order.

2.6 In the event of any conflict, inconsistency or ambiguity between Your Order and these Terms, Your Order will take precedence.

2.7 While we try to make sure that all prices on our Site are accurate, errors sometimes happen. If we discover an error in the price of goods or services You have ordered, we will tell You as soon as possible and give You the option of reconfirming Your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we can’t contact You, we will treat Your Order as cancelled. If You cancel and You have already paid, You will receive a full refund. If You cancel and You are financing Your Car, You will need to contact your finance provider to cancel Your finance agreement as set out in Section 12.

Soldato
OP
:confused:

T&Cs copied from Cazoo to clear up your confusion:

2 Your Order
2.1 Your purchase details are specified in Your order confirmed on the Site ("Your Order") and will include the make, model, price, delivery or collection time and delivery or collection location for the car You are purchasing (the “Car").

2.2 Your Order will specify Your details as the recipient of the Car.

2.3 Neither You nor anyone in Your household may place more than one order in any 14-day period.

2.4 A contract is formed between You and us comprising Your Order and these terms and conditions ("Terms") when You complete an order on the Site and we accept Your Order (collectively, the “Contract") save in the event that You pay for Your Order using third-party finance introduced on the Site. If You enter into a third-party finance agreement to pay for Your Order, we will sell Your Car to the third-party finance provider – see section 5 below.

2.5 If we accept Your Order, we will send You an email confirmation of Your Order.

2.6 In the event of any conflict, inconsistency or ambiguity between Your Order and these Terms, Your Order will take precedence.

2.7 While we try to make sure that all prices on our Site are accurate, errors sometimes happen. If we discover an error in the price of goods or services You have ordered, we will tell You as soon as possible and give You the option of reconfirming Your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we can’t contact You, we will treat Your Order as cancelled. If You cancel and You have already paid, You will receive a full refund. If You cancel and You are financing Your Car, You will need to contact your finance provider to cancel Your finance agreement as set out in Section 12.

You dont get out much into the real world do you!!

Soldato
Let's not forget the basic architecture of a Sales process, also known as ORDER TO CASH :D

You dont get out much into the real world do you!!
How could what I said have triggered you? I didn't even quote you? It was even in support of your point? :confused:

Old people drive me mad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brother in law has one. Always liked the car. Opportunity came up which opened the door allowing me to buy one.

Guess i am the only person this has ever happened to! :rolleyes:
Walk into a showroom with a £5k budget, and walk out with a 5 year finance package for a 20k car. Not at all, that's why sales people earn their salary.

So, is this you getting cold feet on the Puma and thinking of buying something else now, or your work mate?

Back
Top Bottom