• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
MSO offered roof scoops on some of the Mclaren models, the 600LT I drove had the MSO roof scoop, gives like old school turbo rush sounds, not sure if it was ever an option in production models as this was a pre-production model the engineers were driving and testing. Kind of cool though, but its not something I'd particular look for or care about if it had it or not.
McLaren knows how to charge for stuff like that. I do like some of the MSO stuff but it’s sooooo expensive.

Man of Honour
The 380 doesn't have a charge cooler it just the supercharge mounted straight to the intake. 410, 430 and the final editions are the only ones that do.
More importantly the 410 I drove had a button under the steering wheel they mate it louder below 4000 rpm

Ace button

Soldato
The 380 doesn't have a charge cooler it just the supercharge mounted straight to the intake. 410, 430 and the final editions are the only ones that do.

Oh yea, it doesn't look like they overclock far either as they are pretty much maxed out. There is only about 0.2 seconds in it between a 380 and 410 though, assuming you can change gear fast enough as they are all well under 4 sec to 60.

That makes the 350 look more tempting as they will.

Soldato
More importantly the 410 I drove had a button under the steering wheel they mate it louder below 4000 rpm

Ace button

The 380 has the same i believe, shares the same exhaust as well! Thought it seemed a bit quiet until the exhaust opened.

Oh yea, it doesn't look like they overclock far either as they are pretty much maxed out.

That makes the 350 look more tempting as they will.

Think the engine/supercharger is the same in the 350 an 380, just a smaller pulley and i believe a slightly lower rev limiter in the 380 louder exhaust as well!

OcUK Staff
Oh yea, it doesn't look like they overclock far either as they are pretty much maxed out. There is only about 0.2 seconds in it between a 380 and 410 though, assuming you can change gear fast enough as they are all well under 4 sec to 60.

The 350 does not have charge cooler either, seems only 390 up do.

Man of Honour
The one I am looking at has had this wired in on a switch, always gotta be in shouty mode. :D
Dealer fitted on the purple one I drove. Made it loud from start instead of having to wait and loud is faster we all know that. This rule ONLY applies to 5 or more cylinders however. This again is the law.

OcUK Staff
Dealer fitted on the purple one I drove. Made it loud from start instead of having to wait and loud is faster we all know that. This rule ONLY applies to 5 or more cylinders however. This again is the law.

Same with this, seems pretty much the normal, Lotus quieten things down to comply, the dealers bypass. :D

OcUK Staff
Drove a 410, not the 410 in question as its in a fancy showroom but a silver one thats not 20th anniversary but has got the same stuff so Nitrons, exhaust switch, carpets, manual etc.

OMG to put it bluntly, now to seriously think it over.

This is the one I am considering buying:

245795206_5165315740151686_8548926851437371370_n.jpg

2021 car, 2000 miles, one owner. Got PPF and ceramic coating, heritage metallic orange, 410 20th anniversary. Its got warranty until 2024, 3yr service pack, AIM digital dash, focal speakers with Kenwood sub, soft top conversion included and some other stuff. Won't budge on price but seems well priced in the market.

OcUK Staff
I like that. I bet its pretty raw to drive as well?

Yes, rawest road car I've driven apart from a Caterham but in many ways its rawer due to the noise.
Feels like it has 100HP on the Evora 410 I drove, the difference a bit of weight and smaller wheels makes. :)

OcUK Staff
lovely motor that is, so is the emira not happening now are you going for that above ?

If I get this I will leave my Emira order on, then when it comes either sell the Exige or sell the Emira as the latter should hold value or even fetch overs potentially as I think I am in first batch of cars.

OcUK Staff
Good stuff! Was on track with a 380 and Evora 410 today, they don’t hang about. Would recommend enquiring about harnesses aswell.

From driving both the Evora and Exige 410 the latter is certainly more difficult. When I took the Evora out it gives huge confidence and was driving it flat out as it feels more planted and easier, also gave impression it be more stable on high speed corners. The Exige is certainly quicker but has a much steeper learning curve and is probably why I like it more as it feels proper race car and is far away from any of the cars I own.

Also driving both of these cars has also truly showed how freakin amazing the Porsche Spyder is as well as I’d say it’s easily got the Evora 410 covered in every way, but the Exige is certainly a very special car, not sure I could daily one but they do have adjustable suspension so can probably be made a touch softer. Low speed moving around is only time where you notice lack of power steering.

Associate
Honestly Gibbo, with your collection of cars I would buy the Exige then flip the Emira on, especially if they go for overs.

One of the last Exige's will always hold strong value I am sure. If you had a daily and wanted just a fun weekend car that was also more liveable then go Emira.

OcUK Staff
Honestly Gibbo, with your collection of cars I would buy the Exige then flip the Emira on, especially if they go for overs.

One of the last Exige's will always hold strong value I am sure. If you had a daily and wanted just a fun weekend car that was also more liveable then go Emira.

When Emira arrives I need to make some decisions really, my car hording obsession is becoming an issue, that will be like 7 or 8 cars, I am even losing count myself.

458 - Never want to let it go really, I'd like a Speciale but my Mrs made a good point, we like going on long road trips (done upto 10 days) in the 458 because it has very good luggage capacity, in the Speciale you lose half the capacity due to the hole in the bonnet, so its a good point, plus its not double the car, but I also see a Speciale as a sound investment I personally think in 2030 onwards they will be minimum of 500k and upto a million. Still aside I have a 458 in my dream spec.
Corvette - Just love it even though it gets driven I guess once a month, will never lose money, but might have to consider trying to store it somewhere else, either let a mate store it for me or put it into storage, about £35 a month.
S2000 - I love the car and the engine is a masterpiece, but I think the Porsche has killed it for me, the Spyder just beats it in every way, apart from maybe engine, the S2000 feels more or less as urgent due to the VTEC and shorter gearing but the rest of the car just can't match the Porsche apart from the more convenient roof. So think I am gonna sell it, plus it seems right time to do so as I can make a decent gain on it.
Aston - Can't see me ever letting go of it, values going north anyway.
Spyder - Potentially best convertible ever made apart from the roof, amazing road ability, seriously good on track and feels incredible, will never lose money ever.
GR Yaris - Daily and only car with back seats, plus good fun.
Exige - RACE CAR.
Emira - Unknown.

Think the solution now is let S2000 go and move the Corvette into storage for Winter as its the one car I will never drive in Winter due to keeping the birdcage rust free.

@Gibbo I knew you'd like it. Been thinking the same thing.

The guys at Lotus of course won't say but they think the Exige 410's are the sweet spot of the range. Considerably better than a 350 on both road and track and nearly as good as a 430, so they said they think the 410's are the ones people will want the most with of course 20th anniversary cars potentially been favourite, but they said if they were 100% sure they'd just stop selling them and hold onto them, but alas no one truly knows the future but with Exige now over and Lotus confirming Emira is the last ICE car that is not like an Exige and all cars ceasing ICE production by 2030 they feel the Exige is in a strong position, also bolstered by the fact they never sold huge volumes in first place. They guaranteed a future minimum trade in value of £58,000 should I want to sell it back to them in a year with around 5000 miles. I put the said car I am looking at into Motorway with 5000 miles on clock and the offers came back at £67,000 and with similar 350's at 60k and 430's over 100k to me at 73k it seems a safe buy, if it cost me 10k then oh well, if I keep it then it never matters if its value is 50k or 100k in future.

Its also got warranty until 2024, 3yr service pack so its in essence trouble free motoring and track days for three years.

Booked at Donnington December 3rd so if I buy this, then I guess I should maybe take it unless its typical December weather then I guess GR Yaris it is. :D

Soldato
I think the Exige will hold it's value better than the Emira. There will never be another road legal car like that again, not with EVs coming and all the bloat in modern cars.

Also there will be more Emiras around eventually, Exiges have always been rare.

Back
Top Bottom