UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st October 2021]

Caporegime
I have to admit, I am slightly concerned that this is shaping up for another Ole houdini act on Sunday, I'd much rather Utd win tonight instead.

I mean that or Liverpool **** the bed anyway.
Could sit deep and pump some diagonal balls against us right now and you’ll win with good finishing on the day

Soldato
I honestly believe that if we get a world class manager in that Fred will become great. Watch Fred for Brazil and it is like a different player.
Not for me. His first touch is not that of a top level player and he doesn't have the personality to play that position. He always looks surprised. Both him and AWB lack football intellect. Ironically I don't think this match is over so long as we don't concede any more corners . Our at piece sending is terrible .

Caporegime
I'm not convinced. International football is a much slower pace with far more space. Especially South American teams.

I would happily help him pack his bags. I said that he was a bad idea when we signed him.
Ronaldo is not the problem. He can’t perform miracles, he needs the rest of the team to buck their ideas up.

Caporegime
Not for me. His first touch is not that of a top level player and he doesn't have the personality to play that position. He always looks surprised. Both him and AWB lack football intellect. Ironically I don't think this match is over so long as we don't concede any more corners . Our at piece sending is terrible .

Bissaka for sure. He's always a mile away from the winger and has to lunge.

Athletically he has it. Mentally he has no clue

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ronaldo is not the problem. He can’t perform miracles, he needs the rest of the team to buck their ideas up.

Oh I know hes not the problem but he doesn't suit the sort of team we are and despite his impressive physique at his age, he can't/won't work for the team instead of himself.

Hes just a small issue in the massive dysfunction that is our current team. He would be OK in a well coached team but thats not what we are.

Ole is the biggest issue in the team and has been for 3 years. I don't know how people have watched United over the past 3 years and not seen it. It was apparent in his first season and has been ever since.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Paul Scholes perfectly illustrating the entire issue with Oles time at United.

"Yeah we've been outplayed and utter dross but its the players fault because if we put away our chances we could be ahead".

That literally summarises us for the last 3 years. "Yeah we played crap but we won because our strikers etc put away their chances" and we go not worrying about the fact that we are outplayed, outworked and out-thought by 90% of the teams we face.

I mean, what can go wrong when you are utterly reliant on a few moments of quality per game vs actually playing well.

City won 5-1 yesterday and before they scored their first goal they could have had 2-3 goals simply because their build up play, movement, tactics and passing cut the opposition to pieces. They weren't sitting there at the end of the game talking about those missed chances that changed the game because they didn't matter. When you have 5-10 good chances a game, missing a few isn't a disaster. When you barely create anything of note you cling onto those missed chances as proof that its the players fault and "we should have won". No, you win by being better than the opposition. You won't win every game but you win a damn sight more than hoping for moments of magic all the time.

Back
Top Bottom