Nice places to eat in Bath?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looking for recommendations! Anywhere that isn't seafood that's quite different/funky/quirky in Bath to eat at and then explore a little on foot?

For reference thoroughly enjoyed The Pig in Lyndhurst, Thaikhun in Southampton and also Lakaz Maman there too.

Thanks!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I enjoyed Menu Gordon Jones. Not in the centre but worth the visit.

This does look good and rather fancy but the last time I had a surprise menu I wasn't too full on appetite with what was presented :o

I have seen that there is a Thaikhun in Bath too, it's been a number of years since the Soton branch visit and seems to be located keenly so this might just end up being the safe choice this time round!

Soldato
I quite like the Green Rocket Cafe if you’re into veggie food.

EDIT: Go to Swoon if you want ice cream Gelato you won’t find better in town.

Soldato
Do you have to eat 'in'? It's not classy and ultimately it is just a burger but Schwartz Bro's burgers are delicious. Often drive from Bristol just to get one

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Eat in yes, I'll get an earful if it's anything less :p

Swoon looks brilliant, cheers for the suggestions looks like Swoon will be after as it's an 8 minute walk from Thaikhun. I can highly recommend Thaikhun btw as their Southampton branch was supremely excellent and the theme inside was rather great.

Soldato
Ate at Yak Yeti Yak a couple of years ago think it’s Nepalese so quite like Indian. Was really good would definitely recommend, not posh if that was what you were after.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Posh not necessary, Yak Yeti Yak looks good though cheers! Will add all these to the list as no doubt will be passing through Bath numerous times so catch each one on each trip!

Soldato
Giggling Squid does super tasty thai food. I've been to a few in their chain in Windsor and somewhere else and still impressed. Their lunch two course set menu is such good value for money. Their decor in Bath is amazing also. 100% recommend. Maybe slightly bettter than Thaikun imo.

I also recommend Pintxo, an indy spanish restaurant. Superb spanish food, bit pricey but not extortionate.

Finally Loch fine did me a great birthday brunch.

P. S. Good to see a fan of Lakaz Mama.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent cheers! Added to the list. Lakaz is superb, been there so many times I've lost count but everyone I've been there with has left full bellied and impressed. Only met Shelina once there though and she served my tea :D

Soldato
Coconut Tree on Broad St is fantastic, its Sri Lankan Tapas style very very good yo MUST book though as it gets very busy. The Marlborough Tavern on Marlborough St is also very good. If your looking for lunch then try Chandos Deli on George St is a must as is Chai Walla on Kingsmead Square. Not many Indies left in the city tbh, its a shame, it went from a primarily Indy eatery to lots of chains.

I've lived worked and eaten in the city for the last 25 years and the wife and I have done many mystery diner inspections on lots of places in the city.

Back
Top Bottom