Best place to get a windows 10 pro key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Someone will pop and say that you can get them for £10 from ebay. And you can and they will work (probably) but this does not make them 'legal'. Most are volume licences, and reselling to end user are against terms and conditions. They might work for years, or they might not. Get it from reputable source.

Soldato
OP
Someone will pop and say that you can get them for £10 from ebay. And you can and they will work (probably) but this does not make them 'legal'. Most are volume licences, and reselling to end user are against terms and conditions. They might work for years, or they might not. Get it from reputable source.

That's what I'm asking. where? Microsoft sell them for super high prices on there web site and read they are the same keys that you can get for OEM.

Associate
Whilst both allow activation to one PC at a time, the main difference is when you change/upgrade your PC.
OEM keys are meant to be locked to one PC. If you change PC then you need a new key. Upgrades to motherboard are normally seen as changing PC and you will be asked to contact MS to activate the key. Mostly this is quick and fuss free.

Retail means you can use reuse it on a new PC after deactivating it on old PC, or going through activation steps.

If you expect to change PC every couple of years then retail might be way to go, otherwise OEM will be fine.

Don
That's what I'm asking. where? Microsoft sell them for super high prices on there web site and read they are the same keys that you can get for OEM.

No Microsoft sell them for the actual retail price of Windows 10 - anything less than that is likely a grey area key as already mentioned.

Even if they do Activate, it doesn't make them "legal" in the sense of complying with the actual Windows 10 License - meaning they are no better than a pirated copy.

Soldato
Ok, which place is best?

We're not really allowed to tell you bud, it's against the forums terms and conditions as it's essentially advertising a competitor and as has been mentioned it's a bit of a grey area from a legal perspective.

If you have a W7 key sat around you could probably use that to activate W10.

Associate
I have read that it seems you don't actually need a key to install Wi9ndows 10, you just can't change some of the background settings and get reminders at the bottom of the page, so there is no rush to enter a key straight away

Soldato
OP
I have read that it seems you don't actually need a key to install Wi9ndows 10, you just can't change some of the background settings and get reminders at the bottom of the page, so there is no rush to enter a key straight away

I found a good place. There are many scam sites selling keys. Looking through trust pilot helped. Cheers everyone

Associate
Holy thread resurrection Batman.

Maybe the 3 members above you who have been banned was not enough of a clue to not post links to competitors.

Soldato
I got a Win 11 Pro key a few weeks ago, was £32 from a key site and a real pain to get to activate, failed at first so had to contact support and send them a list of numbers for the install id, they then sent me a list of numbers that i had to enter and the key now works. It was a real pain though! I must have 20 win 10 pro retail keys attached to my account but every time I upgrade have to deal with this MS BS, I refuse to pay £170 or whatever it is after I have paid it more than once already:mad:

Last edited:
Permabanned
I got a Win 11 Pro key a few weeks ago, was £32 from a key site and a real pain to get to activate, failed at first so had to contact support and send them a list of numbers for the install id, they then sent me a list of numbers that i had to enter and the key now works. It was a real pain though! I must have 20 win 10 pro retail keys attached to my account but every time I upgrade have to deal with this MS BS, I refuse to pay £170 or whatever it is after I have paid it more than once already:mad:

Microsoft phone activation? Gosh haven’t heard of that since XP!

And support as in a Microsoft or Support as in where you got the key from? I bet they did a Microsoft support automated Phone call to have it activated.

Soldato
Microsoft phone activation? Gosh haven’t heard of that since XP!

And support as in a Microsoft or Support as in where you got the key from? I bet they did a Microsoft support automated Phone call to have it activated.
It was support from the key site not MS, also had two VM's, one activated and the other refused so I deleted it and setup a Linux one instead. I am switching everything I can over to Linux just to reduce all the MS $£”$£”$. There is a lot of good MS stuff, but I would prefer to just get rid of MS completely if I could.

Last edited:
Associate
You got ripped off, you can get a Windows 10/11 Pro key for £4.99 without phone activation from other sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom