Wait for Gigabyte M32U?

Soldato
Looking forward to it!
Just letting you know that this monitor is everything I’ve been hoping for since I started wanting a 32” 4K IPS screen with a high refresh rate.

I’m so glad I opted for this at £750, shocking that the Asus version is £3200, I know it’s mini LED but still, £2450 extra is madness.

So far I’ve played Call of duty: Black ops, Warzone, PUBG and I’ve got Farcry 6 and RDR2 to try out later on but overall I’m very happy with it.

Associate
Just letting you know that this monitor is everything I’ve been hoping for since I started wanting a 32” 4K IPS screen with a high refresh rate.

I’m so glad I opted for this at £750, shocking that the Asus version is £3200, I know it’s mini LED but still, £2450 extra is madness.

So far I’ve played Call of duty: Black ops, Warzone, PUBG and I’ve got Farcry 6 and RDR2 to try out later on but overall I’m very happy with it.

I'm staying far away from Asus - Overpriced junk which always breaks.. Gigabyte/Aorus have been good to me for the last 1 year without any dramas! It just works and is awesome!

Soldato
Got my M32u on Friday from OcUK and very happy with it.

Had the M28u on pre order for a few weeks but changed my order to the M32u when they came in stock. The delivery dates for the M28u kept getting pushed out no idea when they gonna land. It's only another £90 for the M32u and glad I went with it.

Was worried 32" might be to big but its fine. I've upgraded from a Benq 1080p 144hz 27" screen.

I don't game on PC and just general desktop stuff, my onboard video card wont do 4K @ 60hz so im typing this at 1440p at 60Hz and working fine.

I have both PS5 and Xbox Series X tested both and very happy.

Xbox Series X worked fine 4k @ 120Hz with VRR no problems at all. Only have Warzone installed and it looks great coming from 1080p very happy.

PS5 with Warzone and Call of Duty Cold war no problems at 4K 120Hz runs great and looks great.

Cant tell a difference in picture quality between the two consoles, Warzone looks a little rougher round the edges on PS5 but that's because I don't think the game renders at a 4K pictures like Xbox still in PS4 mode or something. Cold War looks great and believe that's a full true 4k image.

Was concerned about the HDMI 2.1 limited to only 24Gb/s instead of full 48Gb/s but I just cant tell a difference it takes nothing away from me playing the game.

PS5 video settings shows 3840x2160 - 120Hz YUV420.

Tried the HDR on both Xbox and PS5 and I've turned it off but again wasn't expecting great HDR for the price.

Not impressed with the speakers but I cant except to much, there definitely worse than my old monitor speakers

I'm still to update the firmware on the monitor its come installed with F02 out the box.

Its not cheaper but compared to what's out there and what's in stock I'm very happy with £750 I've spent.

Associate
Got my M32u on Friday from OcUK and very happy with it.

Had the M28u on pre order for a few weeks but changed my order to the M32u when they came in stock. The delivery dates for the M28u kept getting pushed out no idea when they gonna land. It's only another £90 for the M32u and glad I went with it.

Was worried 32" might be to big but its fine. I've upgraded from a Benq 1080p 144hz 27" screen.

I don't game on PC and just general desktop stuff, my onboard video card wont do 4K @ 60hz so im typing this at 1440p at 60Hz and working fine.

I have both PS5 and Xbox Series X tested both and very happy.

Xbox Series X worked fine 4k @ 120Hz with VRR no problems at all. Only have Warzone installed and it looks great coming from 1080p very happy.

PS5 with Warzone and Call of Duty Cold war no problems at 4K 120Hz runs great and looks great.

Cant tell a difference in picture quality between the two consoles, Warzone looks a little rougher round the edges on PS5 but that's because I don't think the game renders at a 4K pictures like Xbox still in PS4 mode or something. Cold War looks great and believe that's a full true 4k image.

Was concerned about the HDMI 2.1 limited to only 24Gb/s instead of full 48Gb/s but I just cant tell a difference it takes nothing away from me playing the game.

PS5 video settings shows 3840x2160 - 120Hz YUV420.

Tried the HDR on both Xbox and PS5 and I've turned it off but again wasn't expecting great HDR for the price.

Not impressed with the speakers but I cant except to much, there definitely worse than my old monitor speakers

I'm still to update the firmware on the monitor its come installed with F02 out the box.

Its not cheaper but compared to what's out there and what's in stock I'm very happy with £750 I've spent.

Great to hear that's it been good for you - At least Gigabyte seems to do firmware updates unlike Dell/Alienware...

Soldato
Updated the firmware few days ago.

Took about 10 minutes to update and give me the finished successfully message I had no idea what it was doing after the blue bar filled glad I just left it.

Soldato
Updated the firmware few days ago.

Took about 10 minutes to update and give me the finished successfully message I had no idea what it was doing after the blue bar filled glad I just left it.
What’s the benefit of updating the firmware? What’s changed?

Associate
OP
Just an update guys. After thinking about it for a while, I've decided to cancel the pre-order and try a G7. The thought of VA level contrast added to great response times with the possibility of all the issues with them being fixed has swayed me. Hopefully everything turns out OK but you never know. At the moment I'm optimistic.

Soldato
Just set mine up coming from a Dell 2716DG.

Big difference as expected.
No dead pixels, I did miss the power button near the AC input and had a mild panic when it didn't switch on.

Back
Top Bottom