• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issue with Zotac 3080 amp holo.

Soldato
does the fact it says engineering sample not odd also in the benchmark performance tab? been looking around for anyone with a similar reading but havent found anything yet.

That is strange that it would say that and maybe you actually got an early engineering sample by mistake which could explain the issues you are having.

I would ask for a replacement if available or another brand.

Man of Honour
ok. thank you for your help also and every one else. sad to have to return it. you guys think a straight replacement would be ok or would it be worth getting another brand?
Its up to you, i personally love zotac gpu there 5 year warranty is a big plus but i guess you wasnt expecting to be using it this early. :D

Its a shame you can't test it in a friends pc.

Lets us know hiw you get on.

Soldato
@Brian Lovegrove

Have you made sure you are on the latest motherboard BIOS , same with the gpu latest V-BIOS and monitors on latest firmware ? Also cables used are fine and in spec ? Always use cables that came with the monitor to rule out out of spec cables. Also latest Nvidia drivers are known to have some issues too have you tried one driver back as a test or are you on old drivers and may need to update them ?

Associate
OP
Its up to you, i personally love zotac gpu there 5 year warranty is a big plus but i guess you wasnt expecting to be using it this early. :D

Its a shame you can't test it in a friends pc.

Lets us know hiw you get on.

ive not registered it yet haha ive not had it long enough to register it before it started playing up:S and hoping i can just deal with overclockers direct. i shall give them a call in the morning. i filled out a online return form but waiting on a RMA number i think it was called.

Man of Honour
ive not registered it yet haha ive not had it long enough to register it before it started playing up:S and hoping i can just deal with overclockers direct. i shall give them a call in the morning. i filled out a online return form but waiting on a RMA number i think it was called.
First 12 months warranty is retailer so it will be Overclockers.

Good luck.

Associate
OP
@Brian Lovegrove

Have you made sure you are on the latest motherboard BIOS , same with the gpu latest V-BIOS and monitors on latest firmware ? Also cables used are fine and in spec ? Always use cables that came with the monitor to rule out out of spec cables. Also latest Nvidia drivers are known to have some issues too have you tried one driver back as a test or are you on old drivers and may need to update them ?

ok so i updated motherboard bios earlier yes. i dont belive ive touch the GPU bios and not really sure where i would start on that at the minute. all cables are fine and ones that either came with the monitors or high quality verions of (the hdmi cable i use) the dp cable i use is rated 4k uhd. i believe as far as drivers its only run on the latest drivers. i installed them after first fitting the card. then after it played up earlier i ran ddu, removed all nvida drivers etc and restarted. then downloaded the latest driver direct from geforce experience so i may install it again in the morning and roll back the driver

Associate
OP
Can you take a screen shot of GPU-Z or show what bios version the card is running ?

GPU-Z can be downloaded from here

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

https://ibb.co/tMJ3dmy

my current bios etc

just to confirm mine is the Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 AMP HOLO LHR 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

im not allowed to post any more so have had to edit this with further responses. i just underclocked the card a little and loaded up apex as thats what caused the issue earlier. was ok in menu soon as it goes to load into a game screens went black altho this time with a error about 'device hung' but only 1 monitor (the one connected with dp) came back. i think i shall remove the card and send it back when i get the RMA

further edit>
If you've only just received the card then send it back to the retailer and ask for a straight swap as going with an RMA may take a while.

I received it tuesday morning. had it installed within a few hours and running less then a day before faulting. I shall call overclockers in the morning and arrange sending it back. Item looks out of stock on the website now tho so doubt ill get a replacement any time soon :(

Further edit. wont let me post any more then 15 comments in 24 hours so having to edit this and hope you guys see.

have checked my cables and all within spec. have tried using all the dp ports at the back of the card incase one was faulty and all crash within half hour. checked and replaced all pcie cables etc from the psu (corsair tx850m) and still crashes. ccu all nvidia drivers and fresh install and still crashes.

the old 2070 super has been installed all day today baring a hours testing this morn on the 3080 and has been running fine all day. no issues at all. i ran benchmarks with the 70 also to draw as much power to it as possible to partially stress test the psu and no issues at all so having checked all cables in my system, the psu, the drivers, motherboard bios, updated all drivers (and used previous drivers on the 3080 incase new drivers had a issue) the problem i think is with the card. sent original vid of the flickering and such to my very knowledgeable friend also who says in his opinion it looks like a bad part on the board or bad pathing/traces. all that being said i dont like having forked out £1200 for something labelled as a 'enginerring sample' anyway as it states in benchmark. £1200 for a card should not be a 'sample' in my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you've only just received the card then send it back to the retailer and ask for a straight swap as going with an RMA may take a while.

Associate

If he bought from OCUK or other known place then it can take less than 2 weeks, Anyway the card will goes back to him, because it seems like this is an issue with a Motherboard/Cable/Monitor rather than a GPU...

Soldato
If he bought from OCUK or other known place then it can take less than 2 weeks, Anyway the card will goes back to him, because it seems like this is an issue with a Motherboard/Cable/Monitor rather than a GPU...
What makes you think it's not then GPU when he's installed his 2070 back in the system and its working fine?

i cant im afraid i only have this system. i can say tho ive stressed tested the PSU with the 2070 im using and have had no issues at all since installing that back into the system.

Soldato
ning. had it installed within a few hours and running less then a day before faulting. I shall call overclockers in the morning and arrange sending it back. Item looks out of stock on the website now tho so doubt ill get a replacement any time soon :(
You maybe able to swap it for a different model that's in stock if you don't want to wait on the RMA but yeah give them a call and I'm sure they will go through the options for you.

Back
Top Bottom