What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Well…for you maybe. 40mm case diameter, and 11 ish mm thickness sounds perfect to me. And with the shape of the lugs, I bet it hugs the wrist just right. Need to try one on the next time I’m away.. that blue second hand too, stunning.

Associate
Took delivery of the new Titanium Hamilton khaki Far Cry 6 ltd edition today, love it :D Always wanted a khaki then when I picked up the watch in the game it made me want one even more, was well excited when I found out you can buy the exact model!

Associate
AD2-C69-F8-C1-B3-420-B-B84-B-53-EE28837-BD5.png

I’m about a 7.5 inch wrist I think, the strap isn’t great but the watch is very light and wears really well.

Soldato
Needs to be date window-free and 38mm max case size though :cool:

Slight update on the Stowa Bronze 6 months in.It's been in water, washed multiple times (covid times etc) and happy to say their claims of a bronze finish that will not oxidise beyond their treatment holds up true. I would definitely buy another bronze with this type of treatment applied to the finish as it stays looking the best balance and no need to worry about corrosion over time and then having to "reset" with lemon juice. Wish other watch makers had this sort of process on bronze models too.

The caseback is the only area where you can see some extra patina but nothing noteworthy. I guess this is due to being in constant contact with skin oils and things so was always going to have some affect.

6-months-in_caseback.jpg

6-months-in_buckle.jpg

6-months-in_lug-case-inner.jpg

Das seiht ausgezeichnet aus!

Associate
Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Don't usually post my podcast stuff on here but I think there's enough people that are into cars and motorsport that this crossover will be worth checking out. I had the pleasure of spending an hour interviewing DC last week at Goodwood about everything from getting into F1 to working in the media and of course a bit about his watch collection too along the way. He was brilliant fun, full of cheek and tons of innuendos about skidmarks, squirting and all sorts. Here's the direct link to the episode on Spotify ...

CCD1Jxz.jpg

https://open.spotify.com/episode/76OH3BlC7ijVqDWrrjUinm?si=q6wo1zMER5GwommDPMPhrA

Soldato
Both unfortunately. My wrists aren't crazy big, 7.5". I have this issue with quite a few NATOs, they just aren't quite long enough. Even the Omega NATO which came with my Speedmaster is the same, it just about folds back in to the top keeper. But as long as it can be folded in to the top keeper, I don't mind :).

Here's another shot of where the strap comes up without looping it back over a keeper. If your wrist size is similar to mine, it's got no chance of getting to the second keeper.

Here's a link to the strap. Again it's a very high quality NATO.

izmKMwr.jpg
Jumped on the bandwagon too chaps. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work with the blue one...!

8XKCBJm.jpeg

Associate
I have decided to sell my BLNR and Datejust for Bitcoin, they haven't been worn in over a year and I don't feel comfortable wearing them in London anyway.

What is the best route to go down?

Soldato
I have decided to sell my BLNR and Datejust for Bitcoin, they haven't been worn in over a year and I don't feel comfortable wearing them in London anyway.

What is the best route to go down?
'Best' meaning easiest and fastest, or 'best' meaning potential for most money but much greater risk?

Watchfinder for the former and go it alone on eBay for the latter.

Soldato
Ah I see. Will I get more on watchfinder compared to a dealer in London?
Depends on the current market and how many watchfinder have in their stock, but they make it extremely easy for you to find out - they give an initial quote, you can haggle upwards, and then they provide a package for you to send it in to them and then they give you a confirmation of the quote or adjust it based on condition upon receipt.

I don't know how much work it is for you to walk around the London dealers (Watchfinder included) and see who offers the most? Might be a simple day trip with a nice profit for you at the end!

Soldato
Listed 3 of mine for sale. Hamilton Jazzmaster, the Khaki Pilot and my Oris Artix GT. Been meaning to for some time but about time I got around to it. I am trying out chrono24 and seeing how they do on there before jumping them onto eBay which I'd like to avoid!

Back
Top Bottom