Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
New passive tree data released, so PoB should be updated sometime today so we can start planning builds in time for launch. Some of the new mastery clusters are just bonkers and the new unique items added this patch are just insane. There's at least 3 that have the potential to break the game!

Permabanned
Hmm, suspect I will play, again.....thought got bored of the last league around A6 Sirus....

I tried my own build last league, it failed hard when I hit maps :cry: so not sure what to try......hopefully something new.

Soldato
Completely missing the masteries unfortunately. I'll wait until PoB update to really start looking at it

Hover over the middle of the clusters. But yeah it's just a temporary thing to have a browse that someone on reddit linked while we all wait for Path of Building.

uia7ggh.png

Associate
Hover over the middle of the clusters. But yeah it's just a temporary thing to have a browse that someone on reddit linked while we all wait for Path of Building.
Ah, well colour me corrected. Totally missed that
Circles with a notable in the middle are blocked however, assuming they even have masteries. If the latter is the case then there aren't nearly as many masteries as I had initially thought. It seems circles that you path through without having to actively try to reach them have none and it's only the ones where you actually have to leave the path that award them

Last edited:
Associate
Damn these ignite buffs are pretty nice looking at the numbers, dropping in my Inquisitor Hexblast build from last season and making pretty much the same tree the ignite DPS has gone from around 1 million with cluster jewels, to 1.5 million without cluster jewels, 2 million if I add them back in. That wasn't even with the full upgrades that I was planning either so there's still a good bit more in there.

I can afford to drop a whole cluster setup and still do way more damage than last league (minus the cost of the cluster setup as well), leaving me ample points to add into some of the masteries. I could max out spell block and take some mana/life on block which would help mana sustain tremendously. With the new mana reservation rework and the 100% mana reservation for vitality on the life mastery it actually allows me to take a level 20 Vitality and still have more to spare than last league, nuts really.

Soldato
ill prob end up with a tried and tested starter ED Contaigon or a blade vortex build. Think Ziz has started updating his builds think he has a Toxic Rain Glad comin which might be worth a look.

As always for me my starter is just about reliably clearing the content and into mid/high maps. Ill start on SSF and see how my luck goes.

Soldato
I wanted to start with a new skill this time around as I normally start with something tried-and-tested so I'm trying to pull my Poison Concoction build together. Getting there though, 12.2 mil DPS in PoB at max, ailment immune, 100% spell suppression, 60%~ phys reduction, 70%~ evade, 6k life. Still trying to solve the slight degen I have (around 20 hp/s with Blood Rage up), also don't have enough points for Corrupted Blood immunity on the tree which is annoying, and I'm not sure if I have enough flask charge regen and flask duration to have perma-utility flasks.

Love the build designing part of the league though :p it's fun trying to come up with something, especially when it pays off and takes you through the content.

Associate
I wanted to start with a new skill this time around as I normally start with something tried-and-tested so I'm trying to pull my Poison Concoction build together. Getting there though, 12.2 mil DPS in PoB at max, ailment immune, 100% spell suppression, 60%~ phys reduction, 70%~ evade, 6k life. Still trying to solve the slight degen I have (around 20 hp/s with Blood Rage up), also don't have enough points for Corrupted Blood immunity on the tree which is annoying, and I'm not sure if I have enough flask charge regen and flask duration to have perma-utility flasks.

Love the build designing part of the league though :p it's fun trying to come up with something, especially when it pays off and takes you through the content.

Yea, seems solid for a new gem.
I got my starters down to three now.
I may end up playing a trapper as it looks solid defense wise.
Not superb but decent enough.

Associate
May go spectral shield throw gladiator, unsure if want to invest the time this league(though it looks good).

Not sure the build still works though, will see. :)

Patch today said its nerfed

Spectral Shield Throw

Modified
  • New: Attack Time 0.65 sec
  • Old: Attack Time 0.60 sec
  • New: 203 to 304 Base Off Hand Physical Damage
  • Old: 399 to 599 Base Off Hand Physical Damage
  • New: 5 to 7 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield
  • Old: 6 to 8 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield

Associate
I'm gonna stick with the same build from last season to start, I've been playing around with the new tree and will have to make a few changes here and there mainly to juggle spell block chance as it will either require extra points to reach the cap, or extra mana/mana reservation for Tempest shield now that it's an aura. The bonus is pretty huge though, 25% spell block if you run it rather than the 3% previously, with glancing blows that's 2/3 of your spell block covered immediately plus shock immunity.

Everywhere else it seems like improvements across the board, Determination now gives flat armour so that will be a big boost for me as I run the gear that doubles defences, a good damage increase without even needing to invest in cluster jewels early, more life & ES regen from the increased effect of consecrated ground on the ascendancy, better mana reservation now means I might be able to squeeze in Vitality and/or Discipline for even more regen and ES.

I have an idea for a brand build later in the league but just want to see how things turn out with them first. Overall I'm pretty excited to get started.

Back
Top Bottom