LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
FINALLY! LG's No Signal Message Can Now Be Turned Off on C1 (& CX Soon) posted on reddit:D

Netflix Subtitle Settings!

How to Turbo-Boost Your TV's Internet Connection Speed (Works on LG & Sony TVs)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have an annoying issue where if I watch Netflix or Disney through the TV app, my soundbar disconnects for a period and then reconnects but it doesn't happen on YouTube or using those same apps through Xbox so I just run from there now.

Associate
Firmware Version 04.30.10 is available on the UK LG Support page for USB upgrade. This is the DV120 enabling firmware.

Not available for me OTA via TV yet.

Associate
Thx, strange it don't mention dv120 as a fix thou.

1. Improvement

1) Music recognition feature improvement

It definitely enables DV120 from my Series X though! It also fixes the VRR displayed via pressing the green button multiple times. And enables you to hide the annoying no signal message box from view.

Caporegime
I get a rare "freeze" where the remote cursor goes in active: it can be moved, but I can't click on anything (the cursor gets greyed out with a stop symbol) and the TV needs to be powered off at the wall and then rebooted. Weird.

Soldato
I get a rare "freeze" where the remote cursor goes in active: it can be moved, but I can't click on anything (the cursor gets greyed out with a stop symbol) and the TV needs to be powered off at the wall and then rebooted. Weird.
Does using the Exit command help? (Hold down the back key on magic remote, or Exit key on infrared)

Caporegime
Picked up a 55 CX in the BF sales.

Very impressed with it overall. Love that black equals black.

My only slight concern is that at 5% or less grey tests the bottom two corners are a bit darker than the rest. At 10% the dark corners are gone. It isnt dark in those areas on any other colour either, only the near black tests.

Banding however is almost non existent, and white uniformity seems very good with no tints or bright/dark spots.

Its pretty unlikely to get an absolutely perfectly uniform panel probably, so i guess i should just stick with this one. I haven't noticed those corner dark spots on near black in any content i have watched so far.

Caporegime
Picked up a 55 CX in the BF sales.

Very impressed with it overall. Love that black equals black.

My only slight concern is that at 5% or less grey tests the bottom two corners are a bit darker than the rest. At 10% the dark corners are gone. It isnt dark in those areas on any other colour either, only the near black tests.

Banding however is almost non existent, and white uniformity seems very good with no tints or bright/dark spots.

Its pretty unlikely to get an absolutely perfectly uniform panel probably, so i guess i should just stick with this one. I haven't noticed those corner dark spots on near black in any content i have watched so far.
Don't be a panel weenie, just watch the TV and enjoy because you are not going to notice corner dark spots on 5% greys in normal viewing. I always advise checking for noticeable or significant defects and flaws, but obsessing over inconsequential things, many of which are traits pretty much inherent to specific technologies, is a bad habit that has been developed by the AV community.

Caporegime
Don't be a panel weenie, just watch the TV and enjoy because you are not going to notice corner dark spots on 5% greys in normal viewing. I always advise checking for noticeable or significant defects and flaws, but obsessing over inconsequential things, many of which are traits pretty much inherent to specific technologies, is a bad habit that has been developed by the AV community.

You are probably right. Should just sit back and enjoy the true blacks and incredible contrast/colours :D

Back
Top Bottom