Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Man of Honour
I'd to order the sunny one with 256GB storage but it doesn't seem to be an option? Why does the colour affect how much storage it can have?
They probably see the 256gb as a less popular option therefore they don't want loads of different colours hanging around so only produce it in black, whether they are correct or not is a different matter.

Associate
I've decided to order a pixel 6 in Sorta Seafoam. A bit undecided whether to keep or sell the headphones as I really like the sound and comfort of my Bose QC35ii.
Will the power adapter off my Huawei P30 Pro be able to charge the phone at full 30watts or do I need googles power brick?
Thanks

Soldato
I'd to order the sunny one with 256GB storage but it doesn't seem to be an option? Why does the colour affect how much storage it can have?

I am guessing with chip shortages they thought that coloured options would be less popular and decided to put them chips into a safer phone colour - black.

Europe is generally getting put aside as in the US they have 512gb version for black and 256gb version for colours whereas Europe is only getting max 256gb for black and 128gb for colour versions.

Caporegime
I've decided to order a pixel 6 in Sorta Seafoam. A bit undecided whether to keep or sell the headphones as I really like the sound and comfort of my Bose QC35ii.
Will the power adapter off my Huawei P30 Pro be able to charge the phone at full 30watts or do I need googles power brick?
Thanks

Does it output 30w?

Soldato
USB PD PPS to be exact. Normal USB PD should still fast charge it but no idea what that will top out to.

No idea if Huawei's charger supports it. OnePlus's 65W warp charger supports USB PD PPS up to 45W max if anyone is coming from a OP phone.

Caporegime
USB PD PPS to be exact. Normal USB PD should still fast charge it but no idea what that will top out to.

No idea if Huawei's charger supports it. OnePlus's 65W warp charger supports USB PD PPS up to 45W max if anyone is coming from a OP phone.

Man phone chariging is confusing!

Soldato
Man phone chariging is confusing!

It's due to a lot of OEMs rushing to fast charging standards that the USB-IF group couldn't keep up. USB-PD 2.0 allowed up to 100W but didn't have the granular control other alternatives had. 3.0 introduces PPS which makes it much more competitive against the others.

Google at least forces OEMs to make their phones USB-PD compatible, but most usually only use the 15W 5V 3A minimum before allowing their version to take over the faster speeds.

I'm struggling to find USB-PD compatibility for the Huawei Supercharge 40W but it should at least support the 15W USB-PD profile.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to bite the bullet and pre-ordered the 256gb pro from CPW, but seems it's being delivered in mid November. Google Store is also stuck on a waitlist.
Me too ordered 25
I wanted a white one but 256gb one only available in black, ordered one from CPW and estimated delivery is 28th. Can't wait..

Soldato
Ordered the Pixel 6 in seafoam, the black looked fine but fancied something a bit different.

If you sign up for 2TB on Google One for a month for £7.99 you get 10% back in store credit, good for a case, charger etc. later on.

Yeah, this is on hardware, right? I did cancel and ordered through my brother to get this. Is it a code you can sell on to someone else in need or is it account credit?

If you sign up to Google one (£7.99 a month) can you do the monthly, get the £60 credit then drop it down to the lower plans, say 100gig? I'm tempted!

Soldato
Oh, does this mean the fast charger I received with my Oneplus 7t will be compatible with my P6?

I believe the one that came with the 7T is the same charger that came with my 7T Pro, which is warpcharge 30. Sadly that doesn't even support USB-PD, so non-OnePlus/Oppo devices will charge at a much slower 10W. I replaced it with the 65 model since I didn't want to have two different chargers by the desk, all my other devices supported PD.

Soldato
I believe the one that came with the 7T is the same charger that came with my 7T Pro, which is warpcharge 30. Sadly that doesn't even support USB-PD, so non-OnePlus/Oppo devices will charge at a much slower 10W. I replaced it with the 65 model since I didn't want to have two different chargers by the desk, all my other devices supported PD.

Ok, thanks.

Is there a particular aftermarket charger and possibly wireless charging dock that is worth picking up or is everyone sticking with Google branded kit?

Soldato
Ok, thanks.

Is there a particular aftermarket charger and possibly wireless charging dock that is worth picking up or is everyone sticking with Google branded kit?

I'll just be using my existing Samsung chargers for now, I have the wireless one which holds two devices and my watch which is quite nice.

The new pixel dock is smart, may consider that when I get my £60 store credit as a replacement.

Associate
Very early photo and video samples. Not the best but it's something at least. There's a link to the photo/video files in the video description.

Soldato
Ok, thanks.

I already have USB-PD chargers around luckily so I'll be sticking with that. I also have an Anker 10W Qi wireless charger which also works. Just look for USB-PD PPS if you want a 3rd party one.

Soldato
I've gone for my go to brand for a case. Caseology Parralex case in grey.

uc

uc

Back
Top Bottom