• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA step up

Associate
Yeah My card has taken 10 days to get to the delivery office in Germany, but there is still a Customs delay while EVGA wait for some paperwork...did you have a similar issue at this stage?

I fully expect an import charge once mine is sent, but it looks like this can be claimed back (VAT charge)

Soldato
Yeah My card has taken 10 days to get to the delivery office in Germany, but there is still a Customs delay while EVGA wait for some paperwork...did you have a similar issue at this stage?

Yes that when it seemed to not move at all. They asked for the tracking number (both royal mail and german mail) when I asked what was going on and then a day or so after I got an automated "your card has arrived" email.

Associate
Ah ok. I've already done that, just to ensure all was ok.

It seems they expect customs delays with cards from the UK (as OP has already pointed out) I've been told to "just wait longer, it's normal"

Will get in touch again at the end of next week if no further movement.

Associate
Ok, further update (just to keep this thread updated more than anything else)

DHL passed my 2060S on to the local customs office (the one local to EVGA as the recipient) on October 22nd and stated that they were going to send EVGA a letter requesting documentation to complete delivery, which EVGA told me would happen.

DHL never sent the letter. I emailed them on Thursday October 28th to ask for an update, and the basically said "Oops, letter now on the way" They also supplied info on which office the card was at, along with some other bits of info I passed on to EVGA.
Customs also mentioned that the delivery would only be kept for 2 weeks before being sent back to me, which is this coming Friday. HOPEFULLY it makes it to EVGA before this point.

So after almost 3 weeks it still hasn't got to EVGA. Now I will admit this is my fault for not reading through the EVGA forums and doing my homework on what is required for shipping to EVGA post Brexit...basically using UPS, declaring DDP (delivery duties paid) and including multiple copies of a Pro Forma invoice that can be requested from EVGA.

Just a heads up for anyone else doing the step up. Use UPS, read up on declaring DDP and request copies of the appropriate paperwork from EVGA (all info can be found on their forums)

I may just be unlucky here, but if I hadn't chased DHL then the card would have been sent back to me with additional charges (which may still happen)
To be fair to EVGA they have been great - always responding promptly. Likewise with DHL.

Associate
Sorry to bring this thread back again, but just posting an update in case anyone else has similar issues.

My 2060S was delivered to EVGA on November 3rd, and they have sent out my 3070 Step up as of November 15th.

Overall a similar experience to OP, taking just over a month for my card to arrive with EVGA for processing, and for them to ship my Step Up.

Back
Top Bottom