What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Changed the levers on the Suzuki to short ones, lubed the clutch cable, flushed and replaced brake fluid, cleaned and lubed the chain and applied ACF50
I know the speed camera, I looked at it 10s before.. but 5s later my brain decided to think about something else...

Also got a new cover for the Fireblade.

Last edited:
Tea Drinker
Don
@Tefal my friend has the same, took it on a proper enduro day and cooked the clutch by the end of the day. Good bikes just a bit mild if you start hammering them.

Just got the wheel back for the TY250 after 6 months, don’t ask the cost :p eye watering with new rim and new z spokes.

hojGmO9.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
Yanno bikes are supposed to take corners too right? :D

The thing scares the willys out of me I'll freely admit, no abs, no traction control with 25 year old suspension and I look like bowser riding it. It's a show piece that's all.

If I throw it down the road it looses all it's value instantly. I'm quite happy being at the back plus everyone knows what it is it needs not to prove anything

Caporegime
Awww Diddums a ped isn't a bike :p

Yes it is. Don't be a hater :p

The thing scares the willys out of me I'll freely admit, no abs, no traction control with 25 year old suspension and I look like bowser riding it. It's a show piece that's all.

If I throw it down the road it looses all it's value instantly. I'm quite happy being at the back plus everyone knows what it is it needs not to prove anything

Aye, it's definitely not something you'd want to wreck. I remember when they first came out, it threw the motorcycle world on its head. As you say, it's got nothing to prove.

Caporegime
@Tefal my friend has the same, took it on a proper enduro day and cooked the clutch by the end of the day. Good bikes just a bit mild if you start hammering them.

Just got the wheel back for the TY250 after 6 months, don’t ask the cost :p eye watering with new rim and new z spokes.

hojGmO9.jpg
That was my first time ever greenlaning/not on proper roads I'm holding the bike back more than it holds me back :p

It's my commuter for work in winter now after the baby ninja got retired after the snow/floods last year :D

Want some super moto wheels for it, it's crazy fun being so light

Associate

It's your bike, you bloody well ride it how you want to! Tyre wear doesn't mean anything.

At least you're out there- my S1000RR has been out three times in 2021, and one of those was for it's MOT :D

Associate
That was my first time ever greenlaning/not on proper roads I'm holding the bike back more than it holds me back :p

It's my commuter for work in winter now after the baby ninja got retired after the snow/floods last year :D

Want some super moto wheels for it, it's crazy fun being so light

Haha, bet you've found muscles you never knew you had? Offroading is epic- one of the things I miss most since relocating from Surrey. I'd imagine Wales is epic for byways?

Be super careful if you're out on your own- it's no fun being stuck or god forbid getting injured! Get in touch with your local TRF, they'll know all the best routes, and they're not usually ultra-beardy. Well, not always :D

Soldato

New Puig adjustable windshield and tank pad fitted, also had the bike cleaned by a mobile company who came to me, it's as clean as it gets, had any tar and gunk removed, wheels are pretty much spotless and had the ACF50 treatment done for the winter.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Haha, bet you've found muscles you never knew you had? Offroading is epic- one of the things I miss most since relocating from Surrey. I'd imagine Wales is epic for byways?

Be super careful if you're out on your own- it's no fun being stuck or god forbid getting injured! Get in touch with your local TRF, they'll know all the best routes, and they're not usually ultra-beardy. Well, not always :D

I know I wanted to try it without witnesses first though :D

I've since met a few people into it locally so will be checking out some group things.

I took it very sedate and always with a "well paddling it down is undignified but I'm not gonna get hurt" approach.

I need to find a few more lanes that are more a nice walk but on q bike lol

Man of Honour
SORN'd it until next year now. From using it as my only transport and commuting 100 miles a day in snow/ice/floods I've now become one of those people :D

Back
Top Bottom