Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Seems the S7 has a major bug with some app icons, they are literally black, apps work fine though. Tried setting mine up as new as well as a few restores and it was always the same icons that show as blank.
The iPhone watch app overview shows all apps perfectly, seems just the odd few just don't show up on the watch itself.

That's weird, all the apps I've installed on my S7 are working fine.

Associate
Even the developer of PCalc had the issue and when he installed the app with Xcode on the S7 it seemed to fix the app icon, seems when the effected app is downloaded from Apple the icons on some apps are getting stripped out. He said it doesn't seem to effect the S6 and older but just the S7. Seems like this is a bug on Apples end and if it is up to them to fix it server side they may have to reissue the effected apps as a regular app update.

Associate
Just picked up my 45mm starlight cellular S7 from John Lewis (ordered yesterday morning) now restoring from backup etc.

Really like the way the colour shifts from gold to silver when the light hits it, the size is a nice upgrade too.

Cheers all

Soldato
Nice little surprise today..DPD delivering my watch..

must say, it looks so sick in the blue, it’s a lot more subtle than the photos suggest, but I love it..

old watch sold, an just getting into gear with the S7, only thing though is I shelled out another 20 notes to get a USB C plug for the fast charging.

Soldato
Nice little surprise today..DPD delivering my watch..

must say, it looks so sick in the blue, it’s a lot more subtle than the photos suggest, but I love it..

old watch sold, an just getting into gear with the S7, only thing though is I shelled out another 20 notes to get a USB C plug for the fast charging.
Really love the midnight blue

Associate
Is there anyway to see all the strap colours when they are not in stock? Even if I choose a different colour strap not my preferred choice the delivery is stating Mid December!

Associate
First Apple Watch 7 45mm Nike version (thought the strap would reduce any sweat)

I can’t believe just over a year ago I was still on Android , now I am a complete convert. It’s all so seamless!

Soldato
I ordered a black Titanium 45mm S7 with an expected delivery of mid-November. Last Apple watch I had was the S3 so expecting a big jump.

Same as me then, would have expected to get it faster from Apple though, some people seem to be getting them in a few days from Currys and the likes...

Soldato
First Apple Watch 7 45mm Nike version (thought the strap would reduce any sweat)

I can’t believe just over a year ago I was still on Android , now I am a complete convert. It’s all so seamless!

You know what they say.."once you go Mac, you never go back!" :D

I ordered a black Titanium 45mm S7 with an expected delivery of mid-November. Last Apple watch I had was the S3 so expecting a big jump.

Will be a massive update mate.

Associate
Why the change?

I had been given a mac at work which started my relationship with Apple. Been upgraded to the M1 MacBooks a few months ago. In the end just got sick of Android. I would always get the flagship Samsung phones and find the battery life and camera (in non native apps ) to be much worse than the Apple equivalent . I wanted my phone to be a great phone / communication device primarily and for it to be an simple experience, Apple nail that . Now I have made the switch I wouldn’t go back . Never had a smart watch but really enjoying the 7!

You know what they say.."once you go Mac, you never go back!" :D

:D

Soldato
I cancelled my 45mm 7 when I realised in the Apple Store app there's a size comparison, the 45 is huge, so I binned that off and went to order the 41, until I saw that the expected date was the end of November beginning of December, so going to get it from Amazon for next day delivery...

Soldato
Are you male or female?

Generally the larger size suits males and the smaller suits females.

My wrists/forearms are on the smaller side of average for a male and the smaller Apple Watch looked far too small when I tried it on in a store. It wasn’t even like it was toss up between the two, it was obviously far too small.

Back
Top Bottom