This was a scam text, wasn't it?

Caporegime
Is this a tech forum?

No, what the hell gave you that idea? :confused:

It even says in the title that it's a discussion forum for overlockers:

UeZ0r4q.png

I quite like the Janome 9200D, nice and portable with all the features of the larger models. A bit less sturdy than a Singer but for the price you can't grumble.
cIoKwsF.jpeg

Man of Honour
Strangely I always seem to get these when I'm actually expecting a delivery and rarely if ever at other times...

Though these should be glaringly obvious to anyone it is a good idea none the less to get in the habit of going directly to the source i.e. legit site rather than follow links in texts or emails where possible - occasionally I have seen very convincing ones where for instance a capital I has been used instead of a lower case l in the domain name and so on.

Soldato
some seem to forget that we as tech enthusiasts find this very silly.

BUT, there are people out there, id go as far as saying 75% of the general populous, who DONT know how it all works. hence they fall for the scams. #

Its easy to forget how little people know about technology.

Soldato
18,000 SIMS blocked due to fraud from 1 operator (EE) in the space of 3 months is mental. It must be a huge criminal organisation that's behind something of that scale and they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making money - therefore lots of people are falling for the scams.

Soldato
I have loads of these in my spam folder, and you have a voicemail type thing. Don't know if it's to try and evade the filters but lots of them have really bad spelling E.G:

+You have received a ngw vqicemail: https <URL removed to protect the click-happy>

Back
Top Bottom