Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Got some more Koch Chemie goodies. Pss for the exterior plastics and S0.02 sealant. Also got some Scholl concepts polishing pads as I quite liked the violet/orange flex pads but they are more expensive. I'm thinking of trying some Uro fibre pads too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man of Honour
Still can’t stand the black wheels. Can’t believe someone had them powder coated in black

It should be fairly inexpensive to get them painted back into the OEM colour. That and the removal of those silly stickers on the side skirts and it'll look fantastic given the paint colour. It looks a bit McDonalds carpark at the moment but those two tweaks and it'll be back to looking great.

Soldato
It should be fairly inexpensive to get them painted back into the OEM colour. That and the removal of those silly stickers on the side skirts and it'll look fantastic given the paint colour. It looks a bit McDonalds carpark at the moment but those two tweaks and it'll be back to looking great.

Won’t the diamond cut need redoing? Is that even possible once powder coated?

Don’t know what you mean about the stickers though? :( I love people knowing my 320d is an mperformance version ;)

I think the wheels were done by BHP, where the car was purchased from a few years ago. They chav up all their cars before selling.

Man of Honour
Won’t the diamond cut need redoing? Is that even possible once powder coated?

You could get them done in one of the BMW OEM silver paint colours without the diamond cut? The diamond cut is a nuisance anyway and IMO never looks that great. A painted finish is easy to look after and easy to repair if they ever get damaged.

Man of Honour
Just gave mine a snow foam, jet wash and dry off, no hand wash and amazed how well it’s come up. Car meet Sunday so can’t look mucky.

Soldato
Going to try and get the car winter ready tomorrow. I plan to:
1. BH Snowfoam
2. AG Shampoo
3. BH Clay with Megs Rapid Detailer
4. AG Ultra Deep Shine
5. AG Quick Ceramic

I've also bought some magma for the wheels. I might try and seal them with Gtechbiq C5 but it won't come in time. Maybe given my low mileage I'll just use the rapid ceramic too.

Any comments?

Associate
Yeah that’s what the Z4’s wheels are finished in - definitely a nice colour but they look dirty quickly

Hence why I thought maybe it would be worth going grey

At least they will turn into a shade of grey if you have pads which love to create brake dust lol

Get some decent ceramic coating for the wheels, will look less dirty and blast crap off instantly with a pressure washer. I used CarPro Dlux on mine.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Gave it a right good clean today (foam, two buckets, decon) and a coat of Autoglym Rapid Ceramic spray. I've decided the tyre dressing I've got isn't great, needs a good couple of coats to make it look decent. Time to find something better.

When spring hits its going in for a polish, I've decided!

lXtpppU.jpg

Associate
Going to try and get the car winter ready tomorrow. I plan to:
1. BH Snowfoam
2. AG Shampoo
3. BH Clay with Megs Rapid Detailer
4. AG Ultra Deep Shine
5. AG Quick Ceramic

I've also bought some magma for the wheels. I might try and seal them with Gtechbiq C5 but it won't come in time. Maybe given my low mileage I'll just use the rapid ceramic too.

Any comments?

If you're working outside, then put your clay into some hot water first, to soften it up a bit - makes it nicer to use and less likely to do any damage.

SRP is probably better than UDS if you have that?

I would only try and do C5 on a warm day with low moisture. Just use the Rapid Ceramic stuff instead for now, so they're easier to clean next time,.

Permabanned
Gave it a right good clean today (foam, two buckets, decon) and a coat of Autoglym Rapid Ceramic spray. I've decided the tyre dressing I've got isn't great, needs a good couple of coats to make it look decent. Time to find something better.

When spring hits its going in for a polish, I've decided!

lXtpppU.jpg

Lovely colour. :cool: Has it got a few swirls?

Soldato
If you're working outside, then put your clay into some hot water first, to soften it up a bit - makes it nicer to use and less likely to do any damage.

SRP is probably better than UDS if you have that?

I would only try and do C5 on a warm day with low moisture. Just use the Rapid Ceramic stuff instead for now, so they're easier to clean next time,.
My car cleaning adventure was cancelled so next weekend it is. Is SRP really better than UDS? I thought it was the "same" but better for darker cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom