*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Permabanned
Meanwhile we have some proper fights coming up with Taylor vs Caterall and Crawford vs Porter.

All those fighters far more worthy of attention than the other 2 who’ve never beaten a proper boxer between them.

Soldato
I can't believe people are giving JP a chance, he's never fought a boxer nor has he ever fought anyone his size lol. He's gonna be on his bike and holding as much as he can. Eventually he'll get tagged though and the hype train comes crashing to an end once and for all.

Soldato
I think Jake beats Tommy. They're both the same level and it's not like Tommy has been fighting stellar opposition. Woodley would be the best person Tommy would've fought, the guy he fought that night was several weight classes bellow him and he didn't exactly put on a clinic against him

It's youtuber vs love islander. That's all there is to it. Isn't there something like a combined 174 loses between all of Tommy's opponents?

Neither will ever win a world title or anything even remotely close to it but out of the two, I wouldn't be shocked if Paul wins.

On actual boxing news - Not too fussed about Taylor vs Caterall, JT is just a phenomenal talent and it'll be a easy nights work for him. Really looking forward to Crawford vs Porter as porter isn't an easy nights work for anyone and he came close to beating Spence if he hadn't of got dropped in the last round. I may be misremembering that fight but it was close. He's like a WW Mike Tyson with the pressure he is always putting on people. Going to be interesting to see how Crawford deals with him and I have Crawford higher in the pound-for-pound rankings than I had Spence at the time. I do hope Spence can come back after that eye injury though. It was crazy enough he didn't look to have lost a step after that car crash and he really is 'The Truth' so I desperately wanted a Crawford vs Spence showdown. Will easily be the FOTY whenever it takes place.

Looks like AJ is finally leaving Rob as his trainer as he seems to be shopping around in America. It's about time, he's far too stiff and upright with Rob. Needs to go to a gym in America where no one cares about him and put a bit of dog back into him. I personally think it's a case of little too late regarding the fight with Usyk as he wont have enough time to learn much new with a new trainer but it seems he's going to be going with Ronnie Shields and if nothing less I'm sure having the Charlo's around him will bring out a bit of that aggression he seems to be missing.

Associate
It's youtuber vs love islander. That's all there is to it. Isn't there something like a combined 174 loses between all of Tommy's opponents?

It's a youtuber whose been boxing a few years vs a boxer who grew up in the gym and took a year out to go on love island.

Tommy only had 12 amateur fights so I wouldn't expect a big step up in competition anytime soon and if he wasn't Tyson's little brother I don't think anyone else would.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a youtuber whose been boxing a few years vs a boxer who grew up in the gym and took a year out to go on love island.

Tommy only had 12 amateur fights so I wouldn't expect a big step up in competition anytime soon and if he wasn't Tyson's little brother I don't think anyone else would.

And yet despite that you can quite easily argue that Tyrone Woodley would also be the best name on Tommy's record. Tommy for all of his experience and with 12 amateur fights has fought nothing but no hopers. Again, His opponents have a combined record of 14 wins and 174 loses.

The fact he carries the Fury name is the only reason people have any faith in him but he's done nothing to prove it yet. Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up like another Campbell Hatton. It's a genuine 50:50 to me. Neither are spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom