QUick check on an INTEL build

Soldato
£150 delivered? £125.99 from what you do with a barcode when you wanna buy something.. :p plus £15 cashback making it £110.99.

Soldato
OP
Man of Honour
Will that CPU work on on the mortar B560? Would I need a BIOS update? I know they are both LGA1200

I'm so out of touch with INTEL builds but they don't want AMD :rolleyes:
B560 was made for 11th gen should work out the box , check the bios cpu support all 10th and 11th gen are on the same bios.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B560M-MORTAR-WIFI#support-main-block-qvl

Mine is just one opinion mite be worth getting a few more.

@Quartz @Defy Belief 11700 or 10700k on a b560 no overclocking which would you go for ?

Soldato
B560 was made for 11th gen should work out the box , check the bios cpu support all 10th and 11th gen are on the same bios.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B560M-MORTAR-WIFI#support-main-block-qvl

Mine is just one opinion mite be worth getting a few more.

@Quartz @Defy Belief 11700 or 10700k on a b560 no overclocking which would you go for ?
Yeah as I mentioned in a previous comment i'd be going 11th gen personally for the pcie4 if they do ever want faster drive speeds in the future. Think the 10700k has a slightly higher boost clock than the 11700, but negligible and will likely trade blows with each other, with them being the same price I think always go for the newer architecture :)

OP just incase you're unaware with being out of the loop with Intel, with b560 you'll still be able to OC the RAM with XMP etc, just not the chip.

Man of Honour
Yeah as I mentioned in a previous comment i'd be going 11th gen personally for the pcie4 if they do ever want faster drive speeds in the future. Think the 10700k has a slightly higher boost clock than the 11700, but negligible and will likely trade blows with each other, with them being the same price I think always go for the newer architecture :)

OP just incase you're unaware with being out of the loop with Intel, with b560 you'll still be able to OC the RAM with XMP etc, just not the chip.
Agreed.

Soldato
OP
AV - Accessories:Video Capture Card (HDMI to USB) Video Capture Card HDMI to USB2.0 Streaming Audio Video Capture Cards 1080P Record HDMI Cam

Ok just seen this in their spec, I'll need mobo with a suitable slot to accommodate this. Might have to go full ATX then and not the Mortar.

Any good mobo's, ATX size, that will allow for the capture card and have wifi build in, and be compatible with the 11700 cpu?

Soldato
AV - Accessories:Video Capture Card (HDMI to USB) Video Capture Card HDMI to USB2.0 Streaming Audio Video Capture Cards 1080P Record HDMI Cam

Ok just seen this in their spec, I'll need mobo with a suitable slot to accommodate this. Might have to go full ATX then and not the Mortar.

Any good mobo's, ATX size, that will allow for the capture card and have wifi build in, and be compatible with the 11700 cpu?
Thats a USB stick by the sounds of that?

Either way a PCIe slot be free on a mortar if the gpu doesn't exceed 2 slot.

Soldato
As for ATX the TUF is pretty good value as it stands, if you wanted to spend more you could get the Tomahawk b560 wifi for £169.99, but the tuf isn't a bad board if you want full ATX compatibility. More than capable for the 11700, just recommended the mortar originally as it could save you some money but if you want ATX its a good option.

You're only gaining 2 x pcie express x1 slots, I can't even remember the last time I used one of those... but they might have a use for it.

Back
Top Bottom