Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I notice only black Pixel Pro in stock now, other colours sold out.

Google do seem to be getting better at selling phones, in non chip shortage/non pandemic times the google store/stock has been a disaster.

Associate
Before I pull the plug and miss out, are there are discount codes going for these? I have a Google account so already get 10% store credit to use at a later date on a case or something, but I've noticed people talking about 10% discounts?

Associate
Decisions... Was holding out for the 256gb Pro model from the store for the 10% credit. However doesn't feel like it will be back in stock anytime soon.

Not fussed on the headphones.

Frustrating with the limited storage option. Not everyone wants to stream all the time.

Soldato
True but they didn't rave on about it like Apple does and it always delivers.
I mean the new Apple cinematic mode is shambles.. from reviews it's actually crap and that's what they mostly rave about. Their video quality is top end, has been for a while but I personally think unless you put two videos side by side you won't able to tell the difference. Many flagships have been producing great quality videos for a long time now.

Soldato
Soldato
Expecting good results on the battery front, Samsung seems to have improved that a lot with Exynos on S21 this year although I didn't read if Google will be using that architecture.

Soldato
Seems about right since the middle cluster is the older A76. I'm more curious about the GPU benchmark and how that compares to the 2100, it has more cores (20 Vs 14). Will be clocked lower but should hopefully perform just as well.

Soldato
Underwhelming in what way? For refernence this is my frist pixel, but it's quickly skimming over it seems 3 x as good as my Mate 20 Lite.

I don't really have enough knowledge in this but people seemed to be underwhelmed. From my perspective multi-core score is the same as my 2.5 year old oneplu 7 pro. I would have wanted better performance from a phone that is 2.5 years newer.

On the other hand I suppose people expected that google first try at mobile cpu will not be blowing away people's minds but still. For Pixel 6 this bench is great but for 6 pro the mark up is bit harder to justify knowing that score.

Soldato
I don't really have enough knowledge in this but people seemed to be underwhelmed. From my perspective multi-core score is the same as my 2.5 year old oneplu 7 pro. I would have wanted better performance from a phone that is 2.5 years newer.

On the other hand I suppose people expected that google first try at mobile cpu will not be blowing away people's minds but still. For Pixel 6 this bench is great but for 6 pro the mark up is bit harder to justify knowing that score.

Your old OnePlus could never sustain that speed. It would have throttled in no time. Plus they use to cheat on scores by loading a different cpu speed profile for benchmarks.

The only way to tell if a phone performs well is when you have it in hand and it meets your own criteria.

Benchmarks for phones are becoming less and less important after a certain threshold which I believe we've surpassed in the flagship space.

Back
Top Bottom