Security lights

Soldato
Wanting a security light for the back garden, to mount on the conservatory. Has anyone got any experience with solar powered ones? Thinking this might be an okay solution that doesn't involve any additional wiring. Keen to hear thoughts.

Soldato
Wanting a security light for the back garden, to mount on the conservatory. Has anyone got any experience with solar powered ones? Thinking this might be an okay solution that doesn't involve any additional wiring. Keen to hear thoughts.

I have three MPOW Solar powered security lights dotted around my house and all three work fine after two years, they charge fine in the winter too. They give off enough light for using with my Blink security cameras so I dont have to use IR just the light from the security lights gives enough light for a decent image and I have them in the bin area for the bins.

They wont be as good as a proper wired LED security light but they are good enough for what I use them for. Unfortunately I went to buy another one a few weeks ago and it looks like the MPOW ones arent sold anymore but there are loads that look the same. I have the slightly wider ones, not the cube shaped one or the really wide ones but the middle sized if that makes sense.

Soldato
The mpow ones are about the best solar lights you can get. But I wouldn't say they were bright enough to be security lights. I use them in the gardens as extras to the security light - they're handy when the dog is at the end of the garden out of reach of the security light.

Back
Top Bottom