Is it yet possible to upgrade a Windows 10 install to Windows 11 with no TPM and unsupported CPU?

Soldato
Have looked around, does not seem like there is.

I have a modified ISO but that only allows to do a clean install which would rather avoid.

My 4770K does everything I ask of it, really has been a great little chip, not putting it out to pasture just yet.

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You literally have you put exactly what you wrote as a the title into Google and you will see how.

I had tried those but was not getting anywhere.

The reason for that was that I was trying to use the inline updater, not running the setup from the standalone ISO.

I followed option 3 here:
https://winbuzzer.com/2021/10/07/ho...e_to_Windows_11_without_any_TPM_TPM_20_TPM_12

Added DWORD "AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU" to Registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup and set value to 1 and rebooted.

I automatically tried the v2 skip TPM check but that did not work, tried the V1 and BINGO.

Ran setup from the standalone ISO and installed rather quick to be fair.

Soldato
Might have to try this.

Just decided to test mine with their PC health check and got "TPM not detected" and "Processor Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz isn't currently supported!"

Not surprising considering the age the PC :D

Soldato
OP
Might have to try this.

Just decided to test mine with their PC health check and got "TPM not detected" and "Processor Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz isn't currently supported!"

Not surprising considering the age the PC :D

This seems to be the way forward to be honest.. much less faff and almost certain to work..

Very clever way of installing Win 11 on a PC that fails the compatibility checks.

Soldato
By far the easiest way is to use Rufus it has an option to create a USB stick that bypasses all the checks and acts as a normal Windows install via USB (booting into the USB from Bios)
Download the official ISO from Microsoft and write it to the USB :)

Soldato
OP
By far the easiest way is to use Rufus it has an option to create a USB stick that bypasses all the checks and acts as a normal Windows install via USB (booting into the USB from Bios)

That method is only for clean installs, not upgrades isn't it?

Soldato
Associate

Many thanks for this, it was just the info I was looking for.

My pc passed the health check but still failed to install using the official MS USB installer saying that this PC cannot run Windows 11.

The method you mentioned worked like a charm. :cool:

Soldato
Hi all, sorry for stealing the thread, but my 6 month old Ryzen 5700 series has TPM 1.0 chip and just chatting to Dell on their tech support page has uncovered that I'm all out of luck with upgrading to Windows 11, essentially saying I'm locked out of the upgrade completely.

Is there a workaround for this?

I've sent an e-mail to Dell asking if there's a way it can be retrofitted or whether I can return for a model with it, as a £750 machine which was a new model this year and not being able to get Windows 11 seems poor?

Soldato
Hi all, sorry for stealing the thread, but my 6 month old Ryzen 5700 series has TPM 1.0 chip and just chatting to Dell on their tech support page has uncovered that I'm all out of luck with upgrading to Windows 11, essentially saying I'm locked out of the upgrade completely.

Is there a workaround for this?

I've sent an e-mail to Dell asking if there's a way it can be retrofitted or whether I can return for a model with it, as a £750 machine which was a new model this year and not being able to get Windows 11 seems poor?
Cant you just use the method I mentioned above and just bypass all the checks?
Download the Windows 11 ISO
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
Download Rufus, under Image Options select "Extended Windows 11 Installation (no TPM/no Secure Boot)" and write the ISO to a USB stick.

This creates a bootable USB stick that acts as a regular Windows install (boot to the USB from bios) that bypasses all the checks where you can select Upgrade or Custom for a clean install.
img_59418ff23a7ec.png

Soldato
Cant you just use the method I mentioned above and just bypass all the checks?
Download the Windows 11 ISO
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
Download Rufus, under Image Options select "Extended Windows 11 Installation (no TPM/no Secure Boot)" and write the ISO to a USB stick.

This creates a bootable USB stick that acts as a regular Windows install (boot to the USB from bios) that bypasses all the checks where you can select Upgrade or Custom for a clean install.
img_59418ff23a7ec.png

Thanks buddy, I'll try this!

Back
Top Bottom