GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
Also i find something strange. PC users never got to play the other 2 games that were on handhelds i think chinatown and some other one, shame they couldnt have included those in a remaster and brought to pc. It would have been nice to have those stories to go through.
Chinatown Wars was handheld only, consoles didn't get it either. It hasn't been included because why bother? It was built from the ground up with handheld gaming in mind, no point bringing it to consoles or PC.

Soldato
Chinatown Wars was handheld only, consoles didn't get it either. It hasn't been included because why bother? It was built from the ground up with handheld gaming in mind, no point bringing it to consoles or PC.

Sry i meant the ones that play like vice city which were on console iirc.

Liberty City Stories
Vice City Stories

Soldato
Release date and prices on Rockstar's website: https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

£54.99

November 11th.

Still not even a screenshot...

Edit: speaking of screenshots:

FCTfVYOWUAY4BNj

FCThMRqXICEIlON

Last edited:
Soldato
Release date and prices on Rockstar's website: https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

£54.99

November 11th.

Still not even a screenshot...

Edit: speaking of screenshots:

FCTfVYOWUAY4BNj

Yeah, that is a hard pass form me.

I'm genuinely shocked that they have lobbed these out at that price.
Don't get me wrong, I expected nothing else from Take2 and R* but with these, the Enhanced and Expanded edition they are just milking it in every way possible. However, £54.99 for this BS is just a massive **** take. Especially when you consider most of us own them.

The state of gaming at the moment is just dire.

Soldato
Trailer looks quite nice actually, better than i imagined it to be, the models have had a good quality pass on em, tho maybe not as good as mods did from some vids i saw of hd versions of old game characters but still better than i thought, the the western property guy from vice looked weird. Cities look a lot better. and weather effects and cars too.

If its price was say 20-30 ill probs grab it. Tho ill wait for reviews incase somethings arnt great in it.

Least all games will be multithreaded now cos its in unreal 4 engine i think so that should be good.

If this goes well maybe gta 4 will get a remaster and if that goes to unreal 4 then hopefully the performance will be fixed cos that engine was iffy as hell due to the port from console.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Hmmm, not sure how I feel. I was very very active in GTA1 to GTA IV communities and dabbled in making mods etc.

Been a long time since I played the original pre-Rage 3D games, would be a huge nostalgia trip however I would prefer the original graphics just with modern hardware support (ultrawide, higher refresh etc).

Still, I could be tempted if it wasn't for the price. These updated re-releases shouldn't cost more than a tenner each, so £30 for the lot is about as much as they should be. Any more is just greedy. I hope nobody buys them at full price.

Back
Top Bottom