• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could console APU manufacturing facilities be repurposed to produce RX 6000 GPUs, when demand falls?

Soldato
OP
She better be prepared to flash the cash to ensure it happens then... Or use an alert service. What does it have to do with me lol, you sort it out :p

Soldato
She better be prepared to flash the cash to ensure it happens then... Or use an alert service. What does it have to do with me lol, you sort it out :p

You said everyone that wanted one would have one... so if it going to be that easy there should be no need for a notification telegram service or anything, just pop in to Argos and pick one up right?

Soldato
Didn't say that, like I said that's a you problem.

Lots of people that want the top tier consoles already have one, or will by the end of the year.

What - you literally said that people who want one will have one, or will have by the end of the year. So they will have one, yet you'll need to pay above MSRP and wait in a Telegram queue for notifications, which is it genius?

Soldato
OP
I wonder if AMD plans to transfer the entire RDNA 2 series across to TSMC's 6nm EUV node in the first half of 2022? It would certainly help to keep their cards competitive with Nvidia and Intel. A suped up 6600XT on 6nm could probably keep up with a RTX 3060 TI.

Presumably, this is something TSMC could do with facilities currently allocated to producing console GPUs also, because apparently, the design rules are similar between standard 7nm and 6nm EUV.

I think a saw a slide somewhere that suggested the yields may be improved on 6nm EUV, compared to standard 7nm...

I think AMD is due a process upgrade, since they have been using 7nm on graphics cards since the Radeon VII in 2019 and the RX 5000 series a few months later.

From TSMC's point of view, the focus appears to be on transferring from single layer to multi layer dies (EUV), as shown here (although the graph only shows TSMC EUV processes relative to other companies):

https://thetechzone.online/wp-conte...nm-5nm-and-4nm-more-density-yield-and-EUV.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom