GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Associate
I'm happy with that, strikes the right balance between old and new graphics but the price is a hard one, esp with San Andreas apparently on gamepass that makes it a harder sell (£55 split between 2 games in effect instead of 3). However, GTA3 and VC are in my all-time top 5 games so who am I kidding I will get it day one.

Soldato
I haven’t read much at all about these remasters but I highly doubt they’ll have the original music tracks in them too.

It doesn't really matter if you have the original games. The GTA3/VC audio files are plain .wav which can be played in pretty much anything. IIRC, SA needed a tool to extract the audio but should be easy enough to find.

Soldato
£55 is pretty steep, But another way i see it, That's a lot of gaming hours and content to keep a person happy for quite a while..id probably pay that to be honest for 3 absolute classics that's been made better.

What i don't agree with is Rockstar removing the old versions from online stores so you cannot buy them, I think that's a crap move. I get why they have done it $$,But i think people should still have choice. What if someone would prefer to buy the OG untouched versions?

Soldato
What i don't agree with is Rockstar removing the old versions from online stores so you cannot buy them, I think that's a crap move. I get why they have done it $$,But i think people should still have choice. What if someone would prefer to buy the OG untouched versions?
I do agree, but anyone wanting to purchase the original versions has had years to do so, they were put on Steam back in 2008, a good 13 years ago.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Much as I love the games, and soundtracks, having bought the last GTA on the PS3, PS4 and PC, I can’t bring myself to spend £55 on these.

And knowing R*, that price will not budge for a very long time unfortunately.

Soldato
So Console can preload now, Pc has to WAIT until launch day on all platforms...

why? my guess PC clock change - unlock game :D
I'm not really sure how that would work when there is a standard release time of 10:00 am ET? If the files aren't available on the download server until then, it doesn't matter what your client side clock says surely?

Soldato
I'm not really sure how that would work when there is a standard release time of 10:00 am ET? If the files aren't available on the download server until then, it doesn't matter what your client side clock says surely?
Back in the day (rockstar launcher is a decade behind STEAM)

you would download said game, the only thing protecting it would be the clock saying X time & date. so you could set your time as 11th November at 11:00 ET & your game would just launch as if it was available.

Hence they don't want pc to preload as they know their security is crap & don't want to deal with people unlocking the game, users apparently already cracked the console versions time lock which has MS/PS store security on top

Soldato
Back in the day (rockstar launcher is a decade behind STEAM)

you would download said game, the only thing protecting it would be the clock saying X time & date. so you could set your time as 11th November at 11:00 ET & your game would just launch as if it was available.

Hence they don't want pc to preload as they know their security is crap & don't want to deal with people unlocking the game, users apparently already cracked the console versions time lock which has MS/PS store security on top
That's pretty shocking. You would think a company that makes games would realise the potential problem with client side inputs and checking, but I guess that explains why the last time I played GTA5 it was full of cheaters. :o

Soldato
Annoyed no gameplay trailer yet, no preordering without one, thanks cyberpunk, hopefully this rocks though, looking forward to it if it plays well :/

Back
Top Bottom