• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
Dlss is cool but won't be needed

These old Sony ports aren't super demanding to run. They should at least added rayvtracing

Soldato
It does look kind of suspicious when Crytek, after all the benchmarks has been released by the big publications of Crysis 3, releases a major AMD Performance Fix that gives between 20-50% more performance for AMD GPUs!
https://overclock3d.net/news/softwa..._with_crysis_3_remastered_s_first_pc_hotfix/1

That's still not great though. 20% to 50% uplift still leaves the 6900xt 50% slower than the 3080ti in Crysis 3. And even with a 50% uplift, the 6700xt still struggles to reach 60fps at 1080p

Caporegime
image.png

Associate
DLAA looks super sharp and quite a bit better than DLSS

It should do since it's not upscaling from a lower res image. I'm really excited for DLAA given how poor current AA is; and I don't need the upscaling portion unless I'm chasing frames.

Soldato
I thought DLAA worked on the native frame. Why is the FPS the same?
It isn't if you go to the 4K comparisons at the end of the video, where DLSS is offering an extra 20fps or so over DLAA. The 1080p and 1440p framerates are the same and the 3080 isn't at 100% utilisation, so there's either a CPU bottleneck or a 100fps framerate cap in play.

Permabanned
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will support DLSS, first screenshots & comparison trailer

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gran...rt-dlss-first-screenshots-comparison-trailer/

Take-Two and Rockstar have announced that Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will release on November 11th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the teams released a new trailer that packs some comparison scenes between the original and the remastered games. Moreover, you can find below the first official screenshots for these upcoming remasters.

According to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature higher resolution textures. Players can expect better textures on characters, weapons, vehicles and roads. The 3D character models also appear to be better, though they now have a more cartoonish look to them.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will also have a new lighting system with better shadows and reflections. Additionally, the remasters will have improved water and weather effects. Not only that, but they will come with enhanced detail in trees and foliage. And, lastly, you can expect better draw distances for all three of these remasters.

It’s also worth noting that Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will support NVIDIA’s DLSS tech.

I found it interesting that Sony will release God of War on PC with DLSS support, perhaps showing long term interest in such tech to combat MS and FSR, but I can't see why it would be useful in GTA remakes.

Soldato
This is looking pretty good too with the RTX, not sure what the game is like but may give it a shot .

It's actually on steam with English language too :- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1543030/Sword_and_Fairy_7/

Release trailer showing gameplay too, looks pretty good to me, so going to download the free tester demo (demo is not in english but full game is) from steam and see how it is, the full price of it is only £23.79 not bad if good.. At least looks like a 2021 game for a change.

Last edited:
Soldato
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will support DLSS, first screenshots & comparison trailer

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gran...rt-dlss-first-screenshots-comparison-trailer/

I found it interesting that Sony will release God of War on PC with DLSS support, perhaps showing long term interest in such tech to combat MS and FSR, but I can't see why it would be useful in GTA remakes.

For GTA at least they did it because it's very simple, as it's an UE4 title and DLSS is already integrated at an engine level. For GoW it's harder to say, probably a point of pride & something to differentiate the release, as it has few niceties over the console version besides the obvious - you can select your own resolution etc. Not sure why you'd use it in GTA though, unless it ends up having more specular aliasing than I expect it to, so I think here everyone will turn it off & go with no AA for sharpness. Maybe DLSS only if you can use unreal unlocker & add raytracing. :p

Caporegime
Funn

Goes to show despite what some people in the FSR thread thought ("dlss is dead..."), nvidia isn't stopping the dlss train anytime soon, if anything, it's getting added to more and more games now and most importantly, in games that matter and will need it (be that performance reasons or/and to provide a better visual experience compared to "native AND TAA")

Guardians of the galaxy is out in 3 days time, looking forward to it:

CIYsoxL.png

Have a feeling it is going to be punishing even for nvidia ampere given the focus they have put on ray tracing and the environments they've designed to really show it of. Nvidia 40xx can't come soon enough :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Funn

Goes to show despite what some people in the FSR thread thought ("dlss is dead..."), nvidia isn't stopping the dlss train anytime soon, if anything, it's getting added to more and more games now and most importantly, in games that matter and will need it (be that performance reasons or/and to provide a better visual experience compared to "native AND TAA")

Guardians of the galaxy is out in 3 days time, looking forward to it:

CIYsoxL.png

Have a feeling it is going to be punishing even for nvidia ampere given the focus they have put on ray tracing and the environments they've designed to really show it of. Nvidia 40xx can't come soon enough :p
10GB VRAM needed I see? Must be an nvidia sponsored game. If it was AMD you know it would be 16 :p

Back
Top Bottom