Calling all washer jet nerds!

Soldato
Currently working through all the small jobs I need to do to get my truck (Thai import, '85 Hilux) to a standard where it can be MOT'd so that I can register it. One of the jobs is sorting the windscreen washer jets. I knew one of them had the spigot broken off it and would need replacing, what I hadn't noticed is that this jet has been replaced before and when it was replaced they've fitted whatever they had to hand. In doing so they have enlarged/butchered the hole in the bonnet to make it fit.

So now I have an oversized hole in the bonnet and no idea how to source a washer jet that will fit it. I don't know what the replacement jet came from and I can't find any useful information online that would allow me to select a washer jet based on the size/shape of hole it needs to fit. Anyone able to give me a steer on something I can buy that will fit, work properly and not look crap? I'm happy to make both hole bigger if required and I'd rather have an OEM standard part rather than a generic 'universal' one but I don't really want to fit massive jets like a lot of modern cars have.

OEM hole on drivers side:
driver_hole.jpg

Butchered hole on passenger side:
pass_hole.jpg

Washer jets: (Small one is the OEM, bigger one is the unknown replacement)
washer_jets.jpg

Soldato
There looks to be a part no on the bigger, maybe google it? Also is the diff between the OEM and other that the other has 2 jet nozzles?

EDIT Just has a look in the rain forest store, loads there but you'll have to trawl through them and maybe ask the sellers for dimension to confirm?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'd get yourself to a breakers with your ruler tbh.

Might be worth seeking some upgrade too with a decent spray pattern. Mk1 Jazz jets used to be an upgrade on the EP3 but couldn't tell you the size.

Soldato
OP
Same here on Firefox, caused by the domain being blocked by UBlock Origin.

Interesting, does it give any indication why it's blocking it? It's my own domain hosted on TSOhost, I only really use it for image hosting and email nowadays. I know it has no SSL on it which causes issues on here (I've had comments about my sig not working before) but unfortunatley TSO host make it damned near impossible to use a free SSL option and I don't use it enough to justify paying for SSL just to host a few images.

To be honest, I expected a bit more response when I posted pictures of the truck in show us your motors, maybe hardly anyone can see my pics (although they work fine for me) :p

Back on topic - I think I've found a slightly more modern Toyota washer that doesn't look too offfensive and should be able to fit with a little work.

Soldato
Interesting, does it give any indication why it's blocking it?

Sorry it was Ghostery, not UBlock - There's nothing which stands out other than the lack of SSL which, BTW, is also stopping them appear on Chrome (mobile) too. I had to move/relink my images away from my personal site onto Imgur until I could sort out the SSL issues on my site (all done now).

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Interesting, does it give any indication why it's blocking it? It's my own domain hosted on TSOhost, I only really use it for image hosting and email nowadays. I know it has no SSL on it which causes issues on here (I've had comments about my sig not working before) but unfortunatley TSO host make it damned near impossible to use a free SSL option and I don't use it enough to justify paying for SSL just to host a few images.

To be honest, I expected a bit more response when I posted pictures of the truck in show us your motors, maybe hardly anyone can see my pics (although they work fine for me) :p

Back on topic - I think I've found a slightly more modern Toyota washer that doesn't look too offfensive and should be able to fit with a little work.
Chrome blocks this (Windows 11, latest Chrome) due to invalid SSL;

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.kaiowas.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

To get Chrome’s highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection
This server could not prove that it is www.kaiowas.co.uk; its security certificate is from *.footholds.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to www.kaiowas.co.uk (unsafe)

Caporegime
Currently working through all the small jobs I need to do to get my truck (Thai import, '85 Hilux) to a standard where it can be MOT'd so that I can register it. One of the jobs is sorting the windscreen washer jets. I knew one of them had the spigot broken off it and would need replacing, what I hadn't noticed is that this jet has been replaced before and when it was replaced they've fitted whatever they had to hand. In doing so they have enlarged/butchered the hole in the bonnet to make it fit.

So now I have an oversized hole in the bonnet and no idea how to source a washer jet that will fit it. I don't know what the replacement jet came from and I can't find any useful information online that would allow me to select a washer jet based on the size/shape of hole it needs to fit. Anyone able to give me a steer on something I can buy that will fit, work properly and not look crap? I'm happy to make both hole bigger if required and I'd rather have an OEM standard part rather than a generic 'universal' one but I don't really want to fit massive jets like a lot of modern cars have.

OEM hole on drivers side:

smSg2C6.jpeg
driver_hole.jpg

Butchered hole on passenger side:

VAbr4H4.jpeg
pass_hole.jpg

Washer jets: (Small one is the OEM, bigger one is the unknown replacement)

nCykEi9.jpeg
washer_jets.jpg

;)

Back
Top Bottom