Anyone been to Zipworld?

Associate
If so, what adventure did you go on, and how do you rate it?

Going for a stay-cation next week to Snowdonia in Wales for 5 nights and heading to Zipworld on one of the days so should be fun. Hoping weather won't be a bummer and will be taking extra undies with me should i need them as i decided to try the Velocity 2 ride.

Soldato
We were over in Snowdonia last month. We went on the forest coaster which was surprisingly fun. The same time I was there some buddies were too and they went for the zipline and quarry karts and couldn't have spoken better of them. One of them did nope out though once they saw the zipwire

EDIT: Also there is a really nice looking and well reviewed Tapas place in betws y coed called Olif, we never got to try as we didn't try booking in advance and it was booked all week. Check it out and if it tickles your fancy get it booked in before you go. If you do I'd love to hear how it was as it did look very nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Our first trip was postponed due to weather but we managed to go a couple of years back.
We went on Velocity2.
Really enjoyed it and wish it had lasted longer. There were only 2 lines then, I think it has expanded to 4 at once since.
My mate filmed it as we went, think he managed to hit 91mph going by the app he had.

Associate
OP
If you're going to Zipworld, check out Bounce Below as well. Who'd have thought bouncing round on nets in giant caves could be so much fun! :D

Will check that out.. been spending a day or 2 sorting out an itinery plan so will see if i can squeeze that in and whether they have slots left.

We were over in Snowdonia last month. We went on the forest coaster which was surprisingly fun. The same time I was there some buddies were too and they went for the zipline and quarry karts and couldn't have spoken better of them. One of them did nope out though once they saw the zipwire

EDIT: Also there is a really nice looking and well reviewed Tapas place in betws y coed called Olif, we never got to try as we didn't try booking in advance and it was booked all week. Check it out and if it tickles your fancy get it booked in before you go. If you do I'd love to hear how it was as it did look very nice.

Haha yes.. looking at pictures and videos of the zipline looks fun, until you actually get there.. Theres 2 zip lines, one small to get you warmed up and 1 big which looks terrifying to say the least. There 'may' be a slight chance i'll tap out.. but i'm hoping not as i can kinda cross that off my bucket list.

Olif is actually on my itinery and is a place we'll be heading for dinner after Zipworld, so will let you know how it goes!

Associate
OP
Our first trip was postponed due to weather but we managed to go a couple of years back.
We went on Velocity2.
Really enjoyed it and wish it had lasted longer. There were only 2 lines then, I think it has expanded to 4 at once since.
My mate filmed it as we went, think he managed to hit 91mph going by the app he had.

That's good to hear.. the main worry i had was how 'safe' it was... here me thinking ways i would 'fall' out which in turn half of me ringing alarm bells... embarassing to say but i didn't go on my first upside down rollercoaster till my mid 20's (purely from that reasoning.. and a bit of coaxing from friends to jump on), and now i can't get enough of the thrill on those rides.

Soldato
Will check that out.. been spending a day or 2 sorting out an itinery plan so will see if i can squeeze that in and whether they have slots left.

Haha yes.. looking at pictures and videos of the zipline looks fun, until you actually get there.. Theres 2 zip lines, one small to get you warmed up and 1 big which looks terrifying to say the least. There 'may' be a slight chance i'll tap out.. but i'm hoping not as i can kinda cross that off my bucket list.

Olif is actually on my itinery and is a place we'll be heading for dinner after Zipworld, so will let you know how it goes!

my biggest regret of our wales trip was not getting a table there. Hanging Pizzeria round the corner also does some amazing pizza so 100% recommend that too. Also a really nice fish chip shop a bit further away in another town called tir a mor or something like that.

Soldato
I should imagine on the 2nd zip (the long one) you won't be able to see the end of the run when its misty. That would ruin it a bit as the views are stunning up there so I'm glad they cancelled it the first time.
I can't remember the name of the village/B&B where we stayed but they were lovely and happy to refund us fully at the last minute due to this.

Don't forget to keep your mouth closed when you plummet down the line, at that speed, those with you won't be able to hear you anyway.

I've not been to a Zipworld, but if it's anything like Go Ape, then you'll have a good time. It is made up of 6 obstacle courses with a zip line in between each course + 1 at the start + 1 at the end, so there are 7 zip lines all in all. On the courses themselves, you can expect ladder climbs, rope bridges, cargo nets, balance beams, suspension bridges. Like stuff you saw on Gladiators back in the 90s... except that you're not being chased by Gladiators :D

Soldato
That's good to hear.. the main worry i had was how 'safe' it was... here me thinking ways i would 'fall' out which in turn half of me ringing alarm bells... embarassing to say but i didn't go on my first upside down rollercoaster till my mid 20's (purely from that reasoning.. and a bit of coaxing from friends to jump on), and now i can't get enough of the thrill on those rides.

It is remarkably safe feeling (you are fixed into a sling) and good for a variety of sizes too. I mean that if you are a big fella (like me) they will fix a small parachute behind you to slow you down. If you are medium build (like my eldest) they just strap you in and if you are small (my youngest) they give you a bit of weight to speed you up. End result is that everyone in you group (up to four) should all go down at the same speed (as said above almost 100mph!).

It was an amazing experience and you do get to do the small test one (the longest zip line I had ever been on before) as a test before trekking up the hill in the bus to the big one.

Soldato
Yep, I've done the velocity 2 at zip world, was great fun :)

And I second the advice to keep your mouth firmly clamped shut, especially when stopping at the end!

Associate
Velocity 2 is excellent. It feels well organised and very safe. On a clear day, the views are spectacular.

The journey to the top of the quarry takes forever though which gives you plenty of opportunity to try and talk yourself out of it :cry:

Back
Top Bottom