Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

Soldato
I have found memories of them all but I think they will stay as that. Certainly isn't a day one purchase for me.

Maybe one cheaper I'll revisit

Soldato
Those Vice City mini helicopter missions. Bad memories. Hope they've improved the controls!

Oh god, doing the San Andreas missions on a mouse and keyboard was probably a ne of my most frustrating gaming experiences ever. I can't imagine it was much better on a controller.

I'm tempted by this remaster but I can't imagine the gameplay will live up to my nostalgia in any way. I remember San Andreas brought so much more to the franchise at the time and made GTA 3 and Vice City gameplay feel outdated even then.

Associate
I replayed all 3 on Steam in 2018, from a modern perspective the shooting in all 3 really needed upgrading, so no complaints there. Also many of the missions were in desperate need of extra checkpoints, maybe they'll add some more.

The £55 price is hopefully at least in part due to re-licensing ALL the old tracks, including the ones they took away from the PC versions. I doubt I'll buy at full price though, £20 to £30 would be a great deal.

The new, vastly improved draw distance should add a lot to immersion, maybe the best thing about this upgrade other than combat.

GTA 3 original version is super rough around the edges in a lot of areas with a bizarrely designed map and all 3 games have situations where horrible aiming can make missions much harder than they need to be, so all round this should be a really good upgrade. Taking the old games off Steam like they have though is just denying new players a chance to see the history of the franchise.

Soldato
I played GTA 3 on the PS2. I never played Vice City, I blame an engineering degree at university for giving me no time to do that. Looking forward to the release of this. Will be playing it a lot over the Christmas break.

Soldato
Trying to decide if the Switch version will be good, anyone seen anything on performance (probably to early).

Wanted to go PC and use my future Steam Deck, but it being on Rockstar Launcher may complicate that (without putting Windows on it).

Soldato
Glad SA is coming to gamepass, will try it out on xbox to see what sort of job they have done. If all is good I'm not going to be able to stop myself getting VICE city for PC as its my all time favourite game.

Soldato
It'll be good to play them again.

Some features of the GTA series was taken out of GTA 5 i.e. most of the side activities.

I'll buy this. But it wasnt that long ago they had these 3 games out to buy. So they are getting double the money from me.

Hopefully this is a stop gap until we get news on GTA 6.

On another note, does anyone know why we've never had a remaster of GTA 4 ? That was probably the best single player game of the series because it had the 2 DLC's.

Caporegime
I never got on with 4, not sure why but it never grasped me like 3/VC/SA. That being said it took multiple efforts to get into 5, I played it across multiple gens and only recently finished the main story.

I might give 4 another go given it's BC on the Xbox.

Edit: On sale for £6 on the Xbox store and bought, good timing :)

Last edited:
Associate
I never got on with 4, not sure why but it never grasped me like 3/VC/SA. That being said it took multiple efforts to get into 5, I played it across multiple gens and only recently finished the main story.

I might give 4 another go given it's BC on the Xbox.

Edit: On sale for £6 on the Xbox store and bought, good timing :)

Pretty sure GTA 4 runs at 60fps now as well on the xbox.

Back
Top Bottom