Forum Changed? No "Hover over thread" function any more?

Soldato
Hi - don't know if it's something I've changed or something on the forum but I used to be able to hover over a post and I'd get a little pop-up showing a brief part of the OP. Also, when I hovered over my username the drop down menu popped up. Now I have to click on it.

Is it one of my settings or forum settings or am I being particularly dense this morning lol

Man of Honour
working fine here as well for hovering over thread titles, no drop down list on the username though, i've had to click on it for as long as i can remember

Soldato
OP
Using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 no updates outstanding
Doesn't work on:
Firefox 93.0
Edge Version 95.0.1020.30
Chrome was whatever is the latest as downloaded for testing

Does work on:
TOR 10.5.8

Edit: Doesn't make any difference if logged in or not either. Also doesn't work on other forums (but does on TOR)
Few add-ons with FF so also started in safemode to check - no difference. Edge is out of the box, as was chrome and TOR

Soldato
Get a new PC.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
Wow, ok, all sorted, although it's been a bit of a head-scratcher to say the least.

Turns out the 5" HDMI monitor I'd bought to act as a display panel is also a touchscreen (which I knew, but didn't think would be an issue. Ha. Ha ha hah.), and powering it via a USB cable was causing some unwanted side-effects, one of which was stopping the hover/preview thing from working.

Unplugged the USB cable to it and all is working fine. Just need a way to get power to the screen without using one of the USB sockets, maybe a power only lead would work, if there is such a thing, Odd how it didn't affect TOR though, but problem finally solved!

Back
Top Bottom