What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Planted most of the first 7kg bag of Daffodil bulbs in the small, side, front garden

IMG-20211016-154523.jpg

IMG-20211016-155431.jpg

Remaining bag and a half to plant tomorrow ....

Soldato
Cheers - I think so, yes, should be fine before the frosts

yep, do u think they will regrow or is it true they only grow once?

I had some success earlier this year but when trying to find them bulbs etc and the ones I did find
they were really tiny
not sure how they would regrow in the ground

Soldato

I had some success earlier this year but when trying to find them bulbs etc and the ones I did find
they were really tiny

Tulips will reoccur year after year. I have some planted in 2012 which are still going strong.

Soldato
Fitted new radiator to the hallway. It's been off the wall since May after having it all decorated. We've noticed last few days with the cold mornings how much it kicked out heat so will be nice to have tomorrow and through winter.

Also went round and checked all the other radiators and the boiler pressure (was way down) but no signs of any leaks anywhere. Will keep an eye on it over next few weeks.

Soldato
Spent just over three hours and around 70 odd barrow loads of woodchip moved round to the back garden.

Before

IMG-20211017-141146.jpg

IMG-20211017-141203.jpg

The woodchip

IMG-20211023-091009.jpg

After

IMG-20211023-123044.jpg

IMG-20211023-123049.jpg
Wouldn't it have been better to remove the weeds first:cry:. At least its not too bad weather, I need to mow the lawn but I just can't get motivated to do it, probably be the last cut of the year and I know the longer I leave it the else the weather will get but I still don't want to do it:p.

Soldato
We did remove most (well some) then put cardboard down rather that weed matting

IMG-20211017-154917.jpg

IMG-20211017-154914.jpg

IMG-20211017-145511.jpg

Should cut out enough light to kill off the weeds / grass then rot down to allow the bulbs to come up through unlike weed barrier matting

Not tried this method before, but thought we'd give it a try ! :D

Man of Honour

they were really tiny
Yes now is the time to put them in and they should regrow for several years. Just make sure you put them in nice and deep (thats what she said). You can either dig a hole and put 4-5 in one group or use one of those tools the other guy posted which does a smaller hole, depends whether you like a row of them or small groups of them together :)

Soldato
Also, painted the shed. The previous stuff seemed to have ... washed off... in certain odd places. I have some rot on the back as well which I need to replace a single length of wood (is that easy enough to buy?). Garish colour, definitely not what it said on the tin.

SWQ00r4.jpeg

Soldato
Also, painted the shed. The previous stuff seemed to have ... washed off... in certain odd places. I have some rot on the back as well which I need to replace a single length of wood (is that easy enough to buy?). Garish colour, definitely not what it said on the tin.

SWQ00r4.jpeg
Outside paint is wierd like that. We (i) did our fence a a few years ago in a brightish orange colour but it's heavily faded. I'm quite liking the dark gray some people have gone for, but I can't bring myself to paint them again.

Soldato
Yes now is the time to put them in and they should regrow for several years. Just make sure you put them in nice and deep (thats what she said). You can either dig a hole and put 4-5 in one group or use one of those tools the other guy posted which does a smaller hole, depends whether you like a row of them or small groups of them together :)

thanks and tulips planted

I really thought they were one off and temperamental to regrow but guess I was wrong.

anyway planted tulips in the ground and bulbs in pots. daffodils, tulips, hyacinths should be a good flow of flowers for 3/4 months.

Soldato
Installed a new radiator in the kitchen. the copper isn't straight at all coming out of the rad and this is the first ever time I've done any heating at all, but it seems to work and nothing seems to be leaking yet. Used 10mm copper as my house runs on 10mm (1930's house) with some 10mm-15mm adaptors on the valves and used copper push-fit connectors. Where I messed up there are a couple of straight connectors, though.

Back
Top Bottom