Buying Advice PC

Associate
Hello,

I'm currently looking to purchase a gaming desktop, I saw this described on my local marketplace. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a decent deal within this current climate.

Case: Lian li 011
Processor: Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard: MSI B550 Carbon Wifi
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73
Ram: Corsair/G.Skill 32gb. 3600Mhz Cl16
2tb NVME M.2 SSD
Graphics card: Nvidia 3080
850w bronze power supply
2 Alienware monitors: 25" 240hz and 27" 240hz
Mouse: Razor deathadder pro
Keyboard: Ducky One 2 mini keyboard

The listing is valued at around £3500. Is this a good deal? . I'm hoping to upgrade from my last system. Hoping to play the latest aaa games at 1440p. Would be be cheaper building my own?.

Regards

Shairu

Soldato
Looks fairly badly overpriced to me, even considering current gpu prices. I suspect the PSU might not be a great model either if they've not listed it. Should be a fair bit cheaper building your own or even buying a new prebuilt from somewhere, and you'll have brand new components rather than second hand.

Associate
OP
The seller says its only a month old. My current rig has a CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ PLATINUM AX1200i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU so I'm not to bothered about the unnamed psu. It's been up for a few weeks for that price I'm sure I could haggle him down. What would you offer?.

Soldato
Hi Shairu welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately we are not allowed to do price checks outside of the members market, and you don't have access to that section (Need 1000 posts). All I would say is you can check each part yourself and add it up and get an idea. Seems a bit weird though to be selling a system like that after only 1 month.

If it was me I would just build something myself. You can use the 1200W psu that you have. Try and buy the gpu first as that is the hardest part to get. Everything else is readily available.

So for example:

You would just need to add the gpu and your psu. The monitor seems pretty decent, but you can look at reviews for others.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,445.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Soldato
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73

2tb NVME M.2 SSD

850w bronze power supply
2 Alienware monitors: 25" 240hz and 27" 240hz
That's grossly brand and fashion hype overpriced cooler.

Would need specific model of the drive.
Too much variation to put specific value for it without that.

PSU is likely garbage and definitely very inbalanced for the money wasted on say that NZXT.

And would also need precise model of monitors.
Though at least first is definitely medieval 1920x1080.
And single bigger monitor would be best for immersion.

Everything that shines isn't gold or even silver:
That Silverstone was designed to only check that efficiency marketing box and has meh performance and comes with BS for price level five year warranty.

Permabanned
Permabanned
Associate
Thanks for all the replies, gives me a lot to look over.

Thanks
You can try and pick up an Nvidia FE card. Download telegram on your phone and subscribe to FEPartAlert. Every time they have a drop it'll appear there. Drops happen any time during working hours, last drop last week, so may be a few weeks before another, but you never know. Worth setting up an account with distributor also to make payment go through smoothly. Only 1 purchase per person/household allowed. A 3080ti will be £1049, or the 3090Fe for £1399. As they are pricey cards, you usually have more than an hour to nab one before they go out of stock. the lower cards go quickly, but a 3070ti is £529 and more than adequate for 1440p gaming (3080ti/3090 if going 4k...chances of getting a 3080 slim as they hardly ever drop now).
If the pc is just for gaming, personally, not sure a 5900X is worth it. Uplift in fps from 5800X and even 5600X isn't massive. Hardware unboxed did a good comparison recently on them IIRC. Do you need wifi? if not can go for the B550 Tomahawk and save a bit too
Screens come in all shapes and sizes. Do you have a preference to size and shape? if you go for one of the ultrawides, that'll be a lot of pixels to push, so maybe the 3080ti or above will be better, but standard 1440p, 3070ti is fine

Associate
Slightly overpriced as others have said, but where i live its not too far from the "lowest" price i could find.

It's so bad in my country right now, that it was actually cheaper for me to buy a pre-built PC this time, rather than buy the parts and assemble it myself (this was a while back in the height of the microchip shortage).

Back
Top Bottom