• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3800x one more noob question about temp

Associate
Is it normal for this cpu to get fluctuating temps when in idle? its quite stable when actually gaming and when playing bf5 it is usually at 68 degrees, idle is weird though.

Have just stuck it all in my new case and seem to be getting cooler temps by a few degrees but when idle it will go from 31 degrees to say 39/40 degrees, then slowly come back down to 31 degrees, it seems to keep jumping up a few degrees then coming back down for no apparent reason at all?

Im downloading bf5 at the moment and the cpu is at a steady 42 degrees, it seems to only jump up and come back down when idle, is this normal for this chip? its my first time with ryzen and my first time with a cpu with more than 4 cores.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for replies, i uninstalled hwmonitor and downloaded hwinfo and ryzen master, temps seem a lot more stable on these 2 with it only fluctuating a degree or 2 rather than 10 degrees, seems hwmonitor isnt the best for ryzen cpus, also in ryzen master and hwinfo my temps are around 33/34 degrees when idle which is lower than hwmonitor :)

Would suggest everyone with ryzen to download hwinfo rather than hwmonitor and defo get ryzen master, miles more accurate

Back
Top Bottom