Doctor Who

Associate
He was also often far, far too loud and imposing.

Yeah, that happened quite a few times. Tried turning on subs and still didn't help in some cases.

But unfortunately, it's still miles better than what we got with Jodie (none at all that didn't sound like it was a rip from Bejeweled 2). Can you imagine Jodies "Theme" playing as Matt and Co were facing down The Silence at the start of Season 6? Or as Peter finally caved in and went balistic over The Boneless in Season 8? (and also using it as the moment we recognise Peter as The Doctor?)

Have it turned down a notch, but have "someone" please turn up and put the music back into Doctor Who.

Soldato
can't it just die gracefully - rather than cannibalising previous stories
just on freeview, but, does the bbc make money out of youtube views ~500K

Doctor Who: Flux | Official Trailer | Doctor Who
This 6 episode story arc looks great and very promising.

There are still plenty of fans of the show. It's just the very vocal minority that keep whinging about it. But they still keep watching.

Commissario
OP
This 6 episode story arc looks great and very promising.

There are still plenty of fans of the show. It's just the very vocal minority that keep whinging about it. But they still keep watching.
Amusingly, I knew who had written this before even looking left :rolleyes:

I’ve been watching Doctor Who since Jon Pertwee but I gave up at the end of Jodie’s first series. I tried but it’s just so awful that I don’t feel I need to punish myself any more.

I’ll try again when RTD takes over but I don’t feel the need to waste my time with this garbage until then.

The last few days I’ve been watching The Robots of Death and Horror of Fang Rock. Far, far superior to anything that’s had the name Doctor Who for the last three to four years.

Soldato
Yes its not perfect by any means but I'm still enjoying it.

Been watching since Colin Baker. But have over the years watch all Doctors and most episodes as well as collecting all the classic dvd range.

Soldato
I’ve been watching Doctor Who since Jon Pertwee but I gave up at the end of Jodie’s first series.

exactly - it was the highlight of the weeks tv, series you had grown up with , some occassional contemporaries like dexter, or breaking bad,
then the - You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! - moment

e: or they've killed Kenny

Last edited:
Associate
i don't know why people get so excited about RTD coming back. it not that he was good (average at best) it just those that came after him were worst. i still think the best thing to do would be to take the Dr off TV for 5-6 years, use that time for some one who really know Dr Who (all the old and new stories) and do a bit of world building, setting out some real rules of the Dr universe so that the next batch of writer's just can't write any old rubbish, but have to stick to the rules and laws of the Drverse. so we don't get things like one week the Tardis being able to translate languages from half way round the world, and the next week it can't translate some one standing a few feet away.

Soldato
Amusingly, I knew who had written this before even looking left :rolleyes:

I’ve been watching Doctor Who since Jon Pertwee but I gave up at the end of Jodie’s first series. I tried but it’s just so awful that I don’t feel I need to punish myself any more.

I’ll try again when RTD takes over but I don’t feel the need to waste my time with this garbage until then.

The last few days I’ve been watching The Robots of Death and Horror of Fang Rock. Far, far superior to anything that’s had the name Doctor Who for the last three to four years.

You made it that far? I gave up by the end of Capaldi's run. ROD is awesome I actually saw one of the helmet (head) props on an antiques salvage show awhile ago and they didn't recognise it/know what it was and I was going "AAAAaaah! I want to buy that!"

Soldato
i don't know why people get so excited about RTD coming back. it not that he was good (average at best) it just those that came after him were worst. i still think the best thing to do would be to take the Dr off TV for 5-6 years, use that time for some one who really know Dr Who (all the old and new stories) and do a bit of world building, setting out some real rules of the Dr universe so that the next batch of writer's just can't write any old rubbish, but have to stick to the rules and laws of the Drverse. so we don't get things like one week the Tardis being able to translate languages from half way round the world, and the next week it can't translate some one standing a few feet away.
That sort of thing has been happening since Who began. It's called plot convenience. If the story calls for it things suddenly don't work or props can do many many thing. Like the sonic for example, to the point where it stopped being used for a while as it become an easy way to resolve the problem at hand.

Caporegime
yes but it old, lazy and doesn't cut it for modern Sci fi

Dr who and series\movies in general are littered with things like that. I mean how many times could the daleks have shot him point blank to kill him but they'd rather discuss their evil plan whilst twirling an invisiible mustache instead? Just like the old Bond movies where the villain invites him in, explains all the inner workings and mechanics of the plan. Load of pish that maybe worked at one point but these days is just so tired and stupid.

Soldato
Is Mr Blobby the new assistant? :cry:
The BBC may as well put Mr Blobby in it, the series is no where as strange, sinister, strange/weird, or frightening and inspiring a feeling of fear, as it was back in the day.

The background music was far more sinister, and can be highlighted quite well in this clip.

Back
Top Bottom