Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Why the rise sorry.

Demand?

They have been stockpiling coal due to an issue with the trains.

They have therefore been focusing on getting the highest profit margin products to market as their supply chain is limited. As that is fixed all that stock they are sitting on will be converted to cash.

Also they promised that 30% of their free cashflow would be paid out as a dividend and they have currently estimated £200m free cashflow the last report had it down officially as £150m.

So a £70m dividend and the market cap is below £500m.

That's quite frankly ridiculous. But what do I know I only doubled my money on KISTOS within a couple of months.

Caporegime
That's quite frankly ridiculous. But what do I know I only doubled my money on KISTOS within a couple of months.

That's getting a bit silly - you doubled your money on a tip from a friend no? That nice return from a single stock is not a basis to suddenly become some fountain of wisdom re: stock tips, especially when it comes to small-cap stuff and apparent spectacular profits.

This is probably something that needs repeating:

90% of people should be using funds/IT/ETF's for their pension/ISA investments.

If you have the time for research, understand the risks involved, feel comfortable with individual stocks, go for it. But most people, KISS (Keep it simple stupid) works best over the longer term.

There will always be people getting excited over some "triple bagger" blah blah blah etc.. latest hot small-cap stocks, that's been the case for years on forums/bulletin boards. Some of thses clearly do work out very nicely, others don't, they're inherently risky investments and should be treated as such.

Likewise, as we've seen with the uranium stuff, people get excited over some sector or commodity. A few years ago it might have been silver or oil drilling companies in the Falkland Islands.

There is nothing wrong with allocating *some* of your portfolio to something rather speculative but it is worth keeping in mind that lots of this stuff is highly speculative and also to not get too carried away with the hype.

For example, the resident uranium fan mentioned some £400 (IIRC?) subscription thingie, perhaps that is an interesting newsletter, I don't subscribe so I can't say for sure that there isn't any value to it however some of the claims seemed far fetched. Firstly he claimed that the guy behind it was a billionaire (seems like obvious BS) and then he attributed large profits to it (but were those large profits likely to have been made by investing in uranium stocks himself anyway rather than the specific uranium stocks recommended - that wasn't clear at all), lots has been attributed to the magic of uranium and that newsletter but it doesn't necessarily stack up. That isn't to say that people won't make money from uranium stocks.

Likewise re: Psycho Sonny and his previous cash shell thing, as far as cash shells go it does look like it had a solid team behind it and it's clearly done well - though he got into it late and only through a tip from a friend - is that reason to then assign any weight to him posting another recommendation + claim of future performance in the thread? Perhaps that other share will do well too - but keep in mind that these are risky, volatile investments.

If you are going to get into stock-picking there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, it can be a fun/interesting hobby just be careful, do your own research and don't get overly carried away with the hyped-up small-cap stuff.

Caporegime
That's getting a bit silly - you doubled your money on a tip from a friend no? That nice return from a single stock is not a basis to suddenly become some fountain of wisdom re: stock tips, especially when it comes to small-cap stuff and apparent spectacular profits.

This is probably something that needs repeating:

There will always be people getting excited over some "triple bagger" blah blah blah etc.. latest hot small-cap stocks, that's been the case for years on forums/bulletin boards. Some of thses clearly do work out very nicely, others don't, they're inherently risky investments and should be treated as such.

Likewise, as we've seen with the uranium stuff, people get excited over some sector or commodity. A few years ago it might have been silver or oil drilling companies in the Falkland Islands.

There is nothing wrong with allocating *some* of your portfolio to something rather speculative but it is worth keeping in mind that lots of this stuff is highly speculative and also to not get too carried away with the hype.

For example, the resident uranium fan mentioned some £400 (IIRC?) subscription thingie, perhaps that is an interesting newsletter, I don't subscribe so I can't say for sure that there isn't any value to it however some of the claims seemed far fetched. Firstly he claimed that the guy behind it was a billionaire (seems like obvious BS) and then he attributed large profits to it (but were those large profits likely to have been made by investing in uranium stocks himself anyway rather than the specific uranium stocks recommended - that wasn't clear at all), lots has been attributed to the magic of uranium and that newsletter but it doesn't necessarily stack up. That isn't to say that people won't make money from uranium stocks.

Likewise re: Psycho Sonny and his previous cash shell thing, as far as cash shells go it does look like it had a solid team behind it and it's clearly done well - though he got into it late and only through a tip from a friend - is that reason to then assign any weight to him posting another recommendation + claim of future performance in the thread? Perhaps that other share will do well too - but keep in mind that these are risky, volatile investments.

If you are going to get into stock-picking there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, it can be a fun/interesting hobby just be careful, do your own research and don't get overly carried away with the hyped-up small-cap stuff.

I got into it at around £1.70 I only posted on here when I went substantially bigger into my position on it.

Thungela tip also came from same source and again I've been in on it well before I posted it on here.

I just checked my lowest position on Kistos was £1.72 that I bought at.

There's folk on here shilling stuff that makes buttons in comparison. IAG, RR and all sorts.

Do you have any recommendations yourself?

You only need to look at coal prices themselves to see why this company is going to rocket. India and China which hold half the world's population have both said coal is going nowhere fast. They will be using it for the foreseeable. Until renewable is cheap enough to replace what they have.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you have any recommendations yourself?

Yes, my recommendations are don't listen to tips, do your own research, don't get carried away with the small-cap stuff, diversify your portfolio.

Also, as @booyaka has pointed out already - most people should probably just be whacking their stockmarket investments into funds/ETFs

Caporegime
Yes, my recommendations are don't listen to tips, do your own research, don't get carried away with the small-cap stuff, diversify your portfolio.

Also, as @booyaka has pointed out already - most people should probably just be whacking their stockmarket investments into funds/ETFs

I agree most people should. But this thread isn't about index trackers. It's about individual stocks.

The latest buy on here was a football club being run by an inept manager with one of the biggest wage bills in the world.

Comparing that with a proper business; a mining company which has been stockpiling a commodity which has went up 6 times its value in the past year is laughable.

It's all good though if folk don't want tips I'll stop posting them. They can just invest into lifestrategy 100 and be done with it.

Everyone should be doing their own research. It's why I didn't invest in said football club, uranium, IAG, etc.

My next tip was going to be an oil company but going to just keep it to myself and as you say let people do their own research.

Caporegime
It's all good though if folk don't want tips I'll stop posting them. They can just invest into lifestrategy 100 and be done with it.

That isn't what I'm saying though - like the guy who was into uranium you'#re missing the point a bit. I wasn't criticising investing in uranium in his case I was criticising the flawed arguments he made.

In your case, you're citing a single, unrelated, stock going up as a reason to pay attention to some other tip, on a different stock - that's flawed for obvious reasons. That doesn't mean that any recommendation is flawed or there aren't good reasons for investing in a given stock just that putting some weight on the recommendation on that basis is silly.

Soldato
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Anyone investing into ANYTHING funds, stocks, EFT etc etc based on someone else's tips/recommendations is just plain stupid.

People can invest into anything they want to do, but listening to anyone on a thread like this or anyone of the 1000's of other threads out there and taking that as a recommendation to invest into something is just ridiculous.

Everyone has different attitudes to risk, cash flow, money to burn, money to invest etc.

I ain't having a pop at anyone who posts their reasons/research behind their own investments, that's their choice, but anyone else just jumping on that is just daft. As soon as I see/hear "tip/tipping" a stock - just stop listening!

DOYR, invest wisely and consider your own timeframe, your own tax wrappers, and your own situation before investing into what ever you choose. Not what anyone else says is the next best thing.

I hold 1 single stock across my SIPP & ISA portfolio (First Group PLC - up 98% since purchase), everything else is funds/EFT's - I don't have the time to research individual stocks/companies, nor do I wish to do so.

I do agree with @Psycho Sonny however - this thread has devolved into more of an investment thread rather than a single company/trading stockmarket thread. Might be worth getting it renamed ??

Soldato
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Anyone investing into ANYTHING funds, stocks, EFT etc etc based on someone else's tips/recommendations is just plain stupid.

People can invest into anything they want to do, but listening to anyone on a thread like this or anyone of the 1000's of other threads out there and taking that as a recommendation to invest into something is just ridiculous.

Everyone has different attitudes to risk, cash flow, money to burn, money to invest etc.

I ain't having a pop at anyone who posts their reasons/research behind their own investments, that's their choice, but anyone else just jumping on that is just daft. As soon as I see/hear "tip/tipping" a stock - just stop listening!

DOYR, invest wisely and consider your own timeframe, your own tax wrappers, and your own situation before investing into what ever you choose. Not what anyone else says is the next best thing.

I hold 1 single stock across my SIPP & ISA portfolio (First Group PLC - up 98% since purchase), everything else is funds/EFT's - I don't have the time to research individual stocks/companies, nor do I wish to do so.

I do agree with @Psycho Sonny however - this thread has devolved into more of an investment thread rather than a single company/trading stockmarket thread. Might be worth getting it renamed ??

This is the crux of it. You need your head examined if you're taking tips from this thread....particularly the ones talking about guaranteed massive gains.

Like there are people here that have exclusive insider information the markets haven't already priced in :rolleyes:

It's just a place to discuss, win or lose. Although I'm largely just trading swings on one ticker these days.

Soldato
I'll look at whatever others say they have money in, but I rarely go in, as said above, DYOR, if its for you fair enough, if not, then not..
I don't see the need to get funny about it with people though...

Soldato
Ya'll act like your some kinds of stock market gurus anyway. I mean what exactly are you gleaning from your due diligence other than subjective sound bites about what they're upto and then massive punts that the market will react favourably? This is like the old buy to let market where everyone is an expert.

At least PS is honest that his tips came from elsewhere and they seem to pass the straight face test.

I personally only buy stocks that I can rhyme with bojango so his latest tip on thungela was naturally a big risk for me but yolo and I whacked a few k in. To the moon we go, PS!

Lol if you think your approach is much better.

Soldato
Although I mostly focus on longer term ETF investment I do find it interesting listening to what others are investing in.

Surely this thread is for discussing what stocks people are watching and investing in? I think some of the responses are a little harsh as no one is being forced to follow what is posted.

If we change this thread to simply discussing ETF’s/Funds then I think it will get pretty dull quite quickly.

Caporegime
Ya'll act like your some kinds of stock market gurus anyway. I mean what exactly are you gleaning from your due diligence other than subjective sound bites about what they're upto and then massive punts that the market will react favourably? This is like the old buy to let market where everyone is an expert.

At least PS is honest that his tips came from elsewhere and they seem to pass the straight face test.

I personally only buy stocks that I can rhyme with bojango so his latest tip on thungela was naturally a big risk for me but yolo and I whacked a few k in. To the moon we go, PS!

Lol if you think your approach is much better.

The guy giving me tips has a portfolio with over a million quid in it. People can believe that if they want to or not but he's obviously good at what he does. Sure there will be some losers in there but overall majority are big winners.

KISTOS so far £1.72 to £4 in just a few months. For me. I'm happy with that. Doubled my money in a market that has returned what 20% in a year? Beat that 5 times in a few months.

Thungela is severely underpriced and just took a massive dump because of an issue with the rail system in Africa. They are working with the government to resolve this. However the business and product are both sound. Yes there is a spanner in the works that they have provided an update on. They are working hand in hand with the government to resolve it. It's a sound buy but anything can happen.

China and India are both major buyers with over a billion in population each. The supply chain is the reason for the latest dump meaning the stock is currently on fire sale prices. This won't last long.

If people wanted to they could just ride the wave back up and sell after a quick 20%. It will certainly move 20% within the next couple of weeks. 50% within a month or two and should double within 3-4 months.

Their dividend that they promised is going to be juicy.

He's actually given me 2 other tips and I'm up 10% on one of them already but I only put a small amount into that one as it's a lot higher risk. The other one I didn't like the look of at all so avoided it. I already have more sound money in that market anyway.

So I am doing my own research too and not just blindly following an extremely successful investor.

I haven't bought a single stock shilled in this thread as I don't believe any of them are as good as the tips I've already been given and some of them being shilled in here are down right awful.

I mean folk were buying Cineworld in here just because it's down it has to recover right?

Tell that to Lloyds Banking Group PLC it's currently 48 and was at 500 at one point. So lost 90% of its value many many years ago and never recovered.

Cinemas are pretty much a peaked market. A dead business too. Streaming, piracy, people having easy access to large TV's and half decent sound systems at home. Plus the actual expense of going to a cinema it's really only for those going on a date or family outing or enthusiasts it's not something everyone will ever do.

Power is something everyone needs. You cannot just say you know what I will stop buying electricity. Completely different proposal to cinemas.

Sure it could go **** up and the rail system gets worse in Africa but that's why you need to have balls to play the markets.

I remember someone on here put £100 into kistos after I posted. I'd like to see how that fared Vs the rest of their portfolio and they have only held it for like a month. My tips are solid compared to what I've seen of some others posting on here.

I don't even look at the usual buys either. Like Tesla. Everyone and their dog is buying that crap. It keeps doing well but honestly what are the gains likley to be from here on in? It's just a Ponzi scheme now. If the market does crash at some point in the future. That will be the one the shorters will make a killing on. It's so overplayed.

Next market crash has been delayed to the end of bidens term. I had predicted it to be sooner but that guy is completely incompetent and his cronies are all too greedy to stop them from milking this presidency for everything that it's worth. They are going to keep printing money and denying it's an issue and they are already suppressing inflation and denying it's happening. Even a blind man can see the cost of everything is up.

Caporegime
Surely this thread is for discussing what stocks people are watching and investing in? I think some of the responses are a little harsh as no one is being forced to follow what is posted.

No one is criticising that though, if people have glossed over posts and have come to that conclusion then they might want to re-read what has been said and what specifically was critiicised.

I think that with a subject like this dubious claims ought to be called out/challenged.

this was explained here:

That isn't what I'm saying though - like the guy who was into uranium you'#re missing the point a bit. I wasn't criticising investing in uranium in his case I was criticising the flawed arguments he made.

In your case, you're citing a single, unrelated, stock going up as a reason to pay attention to some other tip, on a different stock - that's flawed for obvious reasons. That doesn't mean that any recommendation is flawed or there aren't good reasons for investing in a given stock just that putting some weight on the recommendation on that basis is silly.

Do people not get that posting about some uranium stock you're into is a bit different to posting some unsubstantiated claims about some uranium expert and his £400 subscription service and attributing some gains to him + claiming he's a billionaire.

Criticising that isn't the same as criticising the posting of some info re: a stock. Likewise pointing out that an argument that someone should be listened to re: a stock tip because a single highly speculative stock they mentioned recently went up is a dubious claim too which ought to be challenged - that again isn't common on the relative merits of investing in a given stock or an argument that such stocks shouldn't be mentioned.

Last edited:
Soldato
No one is criticising that though, if people have glossed over posts and have come to that conclusion then they might want to re-read what has been said and what specifically was critiicised.

I think that with a subject like this dubious claims ought to be called out/challenged.

this was explained here:

Do people not get that posting about some uranium stock you're into is a bit different to posting some unsubstantiated claims about some uranium expert and his £400 subscription service and attributing some gains to him + claiming he's a billionaire.

Criticising that isn't the same as criticising the posting of some info re: a stock. Likewise pointing out that an argument that someone should be listened to re: a stock tip because a single highly speculative stock they mentioned recently went up is a dubious claim too which ought to be challenged - that again isn't common on the relative merits of investing in a given stock or an argument that such stocks shouldn't be mentioned.

Challenging recommendations is great but some of the posts here seem to be condemning those that are posting stock suggestions and anyone that might be listening.

Soldato
Challenging recommendations is great but some of the posts here seem to be condemning those that are posting stock suggestions and anyone that might be listening.

Tbh it's probably just PsychoSonny who despite occasionally giving useful information, is utterly incapable of communicating anything without coming across as a massive bell and sidetracking any useful discourse.

Soldato
I remember someone on here put £100 into kistos after I posted. I'd like to see how that fared Vs the rest of their portfolio and they have only held it for like a month. My tips are solid compared to what I've seen of some others posting on here.

Wasn’t me, I do have some KISTOS though, up just shy of 16%.
Second best return on my list so far behind RR.
I have started to pull all of my single shares out though and putting it in funds as I’m travelling more with work now and don’t have the time to DYOR properly..

Back
Top Bottom