**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
McGregor is a busted flush. There is no doubting what he has brought to the sport but his time is over. He's not even close to top 5. That lightweight div is easily the best contested in the UFC.

Caporegime
Conor would be better suited to another run at 145 but he obviously doesn't want to cut that much weight anymore. His power at that weight is obvious, at 155/170 not so much.

Caporegime
McGregor is a busted flush. There is no doubting what he has brought to the sport but his time is over. He's not even close to top 5. That lightweight div is easily the best contested in the UFC.
Yeah, if I was Dana I would now be phasing him out of public view. The man has done a ton for the sport but is now an ongoing underperformer who is given the spotlight over many far more deserving fighters. He is also a media embarrassment and imo a future PR disaster.

He needs to retire now while he still has some shreds of dignity, and goodwill from those fans he has left, remaining.

Associate
Yeah, if I was Dana I would now be phasing him out of public view. The man has done a ton for the sport but is now an ongoing underperformer who is given the spotlight over many far more deserving fighters. He is also a media embarrassment and imo a future PR disaster.

He needs to retire now while he still has some shreds of dignity, and goodwill from those fans he has left, remaining.

Finding it extremely difficult to respect Conner as anything but a fighter. Especially considering the crap he's done in the past.

Soldato

He's still under contract for one or two fights I think. Dana wont ditch him if there is still mileage in him. Hard to see who he's going to line up against though. A trilogy with Diaz maybe but I'm not sure the PPV audience have the appetite for that, I wouldn't unless the rest of the card is stellar but a main event? Nope. Another shot a the LW title? I think the top 5 in that division are all round better than him and a few deserve a chance before he does including Mackechev who I think will beat and go above Hooker next week (if he's not already). I feel the lightweight division seems mapped out already. Poirier beats Olivera, Gaetje beats Chandler. Mackachev, Gaetje and Dariush all in the mix for the next few title shots so where does that leave Connor? He'll have to beat one or two of them to get another crack and all of them are a nightmare for him especially Mackachev. Poirier well and truly has his number anyway. Could he move to 170 and take on Burns, Usman or top 5 there? No chance.

I read an interview with Volkanovski this week where he talks of going to lightweight once he defeats the Holloway / Rodrigues victor, you'd have to think if he went up he'd be a top 5 straight away too if not number 1 contender, pushing Connor further down the rankings. Personally I think all those things will happen.

Caporegime
He's still under contract for one or two fights I think. Dana wont ditch him if there is still mileage in him. Hard to see who he's going to line up against though. A trilogy with Diaz maybe but I'm not sure the PPV audience have the appetite for that, I wouldn't unless the rest of the card is stellar but a main event? Nope. Another shot a the LW title? I think the top 5 in that division are all round better than him and a few deserve a chance before he does including Mackechev who I think will beat and go above Hooker next week (if he's not already). I feel the lightweight division seems mapped out already. Poirier beats Olivera, Gaetje beats Chandler. Mackachev, Gaetje and Dariush all in the mix for the next few title shots so where does that leave Connor? He'll have to beat one or two of them to get another crack and all of them are a nightmare for him especially Mackachev. Poirier well and truly has his number anyway. Could he move to 170 and take on Burns, Usman or top 5 there? No chance.

I read an interview with Volkanovski this week where he talks of going to lightweight once he defeats the Holloway / Rodrigues victor, you'd have to think if he went up he'd be a top 5 straight away too if not number 1 contender, pushing Connor further down the rankings. Personally I think all those things will happen.
Judging from Diaz and Connors tweets this week, another fight is almost certainly going to be on when the current drama surrounding Conor in Italy has died down. The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if this latest twitter fued is a carefully timed beginning of a hype train leading to that fight by creating another grudge match. However if Connor loses that then he is done from a reputational perspective.

Soldato
Judging from Diaz and Connors tweets this week, another fight is almost certainly going to be on when the current drama surrounding Conor in Italy has died down. The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if this latest twitter fued is a carefully timed beginning of a hype train leading to that fight by creating another grudge match. However if Connor loses that then he is done from a reputational perspective.
No cynicism required where he's concerned! Trying hard to stay relevant when the division has leaped forward without him. I buy all the PPVs usually as they are on at midday Sunday for me so perfect but would likely swerve this one. Depends who else is on the card though.

In other news I was looking forward to Costa Vittori this weekend. Costa has just revealed he wont make the weight. He's at 211 pounds, needs to make 186! Just straight up said I'm not going to make it, what can we do instead? Ha, fair play to him coming forward at this stage rather than just saying nowt and failing at the weigh in. They are negotiating over a catch weight currently but nothing confirmed as yet. Easy for me to say but he never seems to conduct himself like a real pro athlete. Wasn't he talking about drinking a bottle of wine the night before the Izzy fight?

Caporegime
No cynicism required where he's concerned! Trying hard to stay relevant when the division has leaped forward without him. I buy all the PPVs usually as they are on at midday Sunday for me so perfect but would likely swerve this one. Depends who else is on the card though.

Mulhad VPN + Kijk.nl = UFC heaven. :)

In other news I was looking forward to Costa Vittori this weekend. Costa has just revealed he wont make the weight. He's at 211 pounds, needs to make 186! Just straight up said I'm not going to make it, what can we do instead? Ha, fair play to him coming forward at this stage rather than just saying nowt and failing at the weigh in. They are negotiating over a catch weight currently but nothing confirmed as yet. Easy for me to say but he never seems to conduct himself like a real pro athlete. Wasn't he talking about drinking a bottle of wine the night before the Izzy fight?

I don't like any fighter making excuses like that. Costa is strong as hell, but seems like a bit of a juice head and nowhere near as disciplined as Izzy. I hope they do make an agreement though as I would love to see him batter Vittoris. Vittori looks like Sloth from Goonies, and he annoys me. :D

Soldato
Mulhad VPN + Kijk.nl = UFC heaven. :)

I don't like any fighter making excuses like that. Costa is strong as hell, but seems like a bit of a juice head and nowhere near as disciplined as Izzy. I hope they do make an agreement though as I would love to see him batter Vittoris. Vittori looks like Sloth from Goonies, and he annoys me. :D

Seems they've agreed to meet at 195. Hey you guys!!

Caporegime
Was a good one. Surprised at how strong Costa finished, seemed like the body work paid off (damn those kicks) by the 4th and 5th. Surprised Vittori wasn't digging to the body when he had him backed up on the fence, he was head hunting throughout.
Vittori just didn't have the power required to knock Costa out. He got in a ton of head shots over the course of the fight and not one of them was enough to visibly stagger Costa, never mind take him off his feet. Costas kicks were also BRUTAL (I could almost feel them through the screen) and show how much he underperformed against Izzy. If Vittori wasn't so damn tough (he barely flinched at any of the heavy shots he took), then Costa would likely have won that fight by TKO.

However, in the end I think that Costa is an unprofessional douchebag with no dignity. He tried to make a fool of the UFC and he made a mockery of all of the fighters that make such an effort to cut weight for their fights. He is probably the least popular fighter in MMA at the moment and I am interested to see if Dana really does make him fight at 205 Light Heavyweight, where the competition is so fierce (imagine him vs Jan Błachowicz etc). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNnSD4VDLaw&ab_channel=TheMacLife

Also, lol at Vittori calling Costa a seeyounexttuesday during the post fight interview, I think Bisping was a little shocked by that!

Soldato
Good scrap that, Vettori is tough as nails, some of those kicks and shots to the body would have dropped most people, you could see they hurt sometimes but he stayed up.

Deserved to win, more accurate and technical striking.

Costa's just an arse, glad he lost....especially with the weight advantage, good on Vettori for calling him out!

Costa would get his ass handed to him at LHW imo.

Back
Top Bottom